tesco

Why is Tesco closing its R D C at Middlewich and moving to Milton Keynes ■■

I just googled it & found this- middlewichguardian.co.uk/new … on_centre/

If it’s any consolation, they closed Fenny Lock about 5 years ago & left it in Mothballs (so no one else could use it !) so they will probably leave Middlewich empty until the either find a use for it or flatten for housing.

Working for 'Tos’co’s isn’t a lifelong career, they open & close distribution centres at the drop of a hat, when the management changes-so do the priority’s, they’re not after loyalty just numbers.

martinviking:
Working for 'Tos’co’s isn’t a lifelong career, they open & close distribution centres at the drop of a hat, when the management changes-so do the priority’s, they’re not after loyalty just numbers.

This is what I think a lot of people don’t understand, the outfit is zb in itself, good to hear the locals claiming they’ll boycott…

cyrogent2:
Why is Tesco closing its R D C at Middlewich and moving to Milton Keynes ■■

(A) A warehouse PPT driver coughed but middle management only heard the word “union”.

(B) The free business rates period granted as a reward for creating jobs in Middlewich has expired, so jobs must now be created in a totally new free business rates zone.

(C) The pool of cheap labour in Middlewich has become exhausted.

There may be other reasons, but why worry about them?

the real answer you are looking for is…

who cares, the place was a cess pit anyway, and i, for one, will certainly not be sorry to see it close

Pimpdaddy:

martinviking:

This is what I think a lot of people don’t understand, the outfit is zb in itself, good to hear the locals claiming they’ll boycott

Lol… How many times is that said.
If just 50% of the people who claimed they’d boycott this or that Supermarket actually did, they wouldn’t exist.

Tesco have just opened up a little store (express?) in a village near me called Hadfield (of League of Gentleman fame).
Lots of protests, posters in house windows, screams of boycotting and never shopping there etc.

Went past a few nights ago and it was hammered :unamused:

waynedl:

Hence me stating the word ‘claiming’…lol

Pimpdaddy:

waynedl:

Hence me stating the word ‘claiming’…lol

Yeah I know, if it wasn’t clear, I was agreeing with you