Tesco

Hi all does anybody drive for tesco ■■?

Yup…

Hi 44 tonne wich tesco do u drive for and r your runs set to wat time u start mate and wats the job like ? From johny2727

i work for them.

hope u enjoy sitting about for ages waiting for a run.im running out of livingston

is that why their produce goes off quick?

Sometimes i do, when I really have to. :cry: :cry:

probably buck,up to xmas i spent hours everyday sitting in the yard in the truck waiting.

longest i was in the truck was 5 hours on a sunday morning

Your runs wouldn’t be set as you can go whereve ris needed a the time, you would have a start time window of between say 3 hours when they may want you to start due to the “demands of the business” which doesn’t seem too bad, i’m sure they would try and start you at the time you would prefer. Bit like marmite i’d say, you either…

i’ve thought about going to tesco. just to take the [zb] out of the transport manager.
take the truck out, then take it back explaining that it must have a serious fault, as it won’t go over 49mph. :laughing:

limeyphil:
i’ve thought about going to tesco. just to take the [zb] out of the transport manager.
take the truck out, then take it back explaining that it must have a serious fault, as it won’t go over 49mph. :laughing:

things is phil, i sit at 56 everytime im there,the cruise control is set at 52mph though

johny2727:
Hi 44 tonne wich tesco do u drive for and r your runs set to wat time u start mate and wats the job like ? From johny2727

I do it on the agency out of Harlow or Welham Green. I only go there if I have to. The job isn’t hard work. Some of the people are. Generally the runs go out at similar times each day. Wave 1 is the early runs from Harlow you won’t get lots of hours from wave 1. Wave 2 starts from 1000 more chance of some hours there. If I never saw their faces again it would suit me!

My post from another trucking site posted early Nov:

Started yesterday part time via the Jark driving agency for Tesco.(just to keep the old hand in )
8.30am start given a clean fresh Merc Axor 4x2 with the 400hp engine(also run Volvo FM400’s) and told to run up to Dennison Volvo “unit only” to have a rearlight cluster and sidelight replaced.
Sat in the very clean and comfy drivers lounge eating my sausage+egg soda with free decent tea/coffee(even has a pool table ) for 4 hours watching the “Dave” channel laughing at Clarkson+co plus Steven Fry in the USA
Then up to the Antrim depot hooked into a Tautliner for N’abbey store,tipped that and back to Antrim, dropped trailer then unit only back to Belfast depot and pulled plug at 6.00pm.
Could’nt get it any handier@10 quid/hour :exclamation: :sunglasses:

Still doing 2/3 days/week and still easy enough work unless you get a trailer load of booze to get off :exclamation: :exclamation: :grimacing:

Sounds a cushy wee number big truck :sunglasses:

livingston has the garage on site for any probles with the trucks.

it is easy enough until you have alchohol to get off via the taillift.