Tesco Traction

Hello everyone.

I wonder if anybody can help with this. I’d like to find out who runs the distribution from Tesco @ Chepstow and more importantly if anyone has contact details to enquire about traction. Any info would be greatly appreciated. :question: :question: :smiley:

Excellent forum by the way, keep up the good work.

Fossil

The only info I can give you is they’ve earn’t themselves a rep for not paying on time (even after their 90 day terms!!!)

I remember the article in CM about a haulage firm who blockaded their H.Q until he got paid.

Still interested?

Hi there Jonah

Thanks for that. I remember that article aswell.

I am interested in this purely as an infill for a truck for nights bur wether I’m still interested depends on what comes out of their mouths and how willing they are to let me talk to existing contractors. I think that’s the only way to make the right call.
I have a feeling it’s maybe one of the big players, (wincaton etc ■■) that run the ops but still can’t seem to find out.

Many thanks for your input and I’ll keep everyone posted on what I discover.

Fossil :laughing: :slight_smile:

i know my brotherin Law worked for ages through wincanton at Tesco in Middleton(Stake Hill) & I have worked for Stobarts doing Tesco work from Middlewhich.
Dont know if this might help

Darren:
i know my brotherin Law worked for ages through wincanton at Tesco in Middleton(Stake Hill) & I have worked for Stobarts doing Tesco work from Middlewhich.
Dont know if this might help

Thanks 4 that Darren. I’ll see if any other info pops up.

Cheers, Fossil :sunglasses:

Tesco chepstow is now in-house…

Every man and his dog pulls out of magor but if it’s fridge work you;re after then I guess that’s not much good for you. Though rumour is everything will be done at magor in next year or 2, lease runs out at chepstow soon.

steve_24v:

Every man and his dog pulls out of magor but if it’s fridge work you;re after then I guess that’s not much good for you. Though rumour is everything will be done at magor in next year or 2, lease runs out at chepstow soon.

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply.

Maybe I’ve got it wrong then. I assumed all the Tesco trailers I see being dragged were from Chepstow. So do you know who runs the Magor ops as it’s only traction I’m interested in. Any info would be gratefully received.

Cheers, Fossil. :question: :astonished: :slight_smile:

Afaik if its not in house DHL run them.

When Exel was bought by DHL Tesco used that to take a lot of warehouses back in house.

Fossil:

steve_24v:

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply.

Maybe I’ve got it wrong then. I assumed all the Tesco trailers I see being dragged were from Chepstow. So do you know who runs the Magor ops as it’s only traction I’m interested in. Any info would be gratefully received.

Cheers, Fossil. :question: :astonished: :slight_smile:

Sorry mate don’t know who runs the transport at Magor, but Stobarts play a big part.

AFAIK most of the subbies pulling tesco trailers are on for Stobarts, some maybe JRT or TDW. I think Stobart run it from Daventry but could be wrong, don’t think it’s local though…

Update…

You need to speak to a George Bukanon (sp?) at Magor. 01633 207100

Apparently he deals with the transport

HTH

Sockpuppet:

Not any more m8

Hi Steve

Thanks for this latest update;

Update…

You need to speak to a George Bukanon (sp?) at Magor. 01633 207100

Apparently he deals with the transport

HTH

I’ll give it a whirl 2morrow and see where it gets me. I’ll let all know how I get on if anyone interested.

By the way Sockpuppet thanks 4 the input.

Cheers, Fossil :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Just noticed your location Fossil,
May be a long shot but have you thought of trying that lot at Launceston (sorry, can’t think of their name at the moment) that do the tesco work.

They have a place on Pennygillam industrial estate near the Cafe there.

Semtex:
Just noticed your location Fossil,
May be a long shot but have you thought of trying that lot at Launceston (sorry, can’t think of their name at the moment) that do the tesco work.

Thanks Semtex

Yes I know them but decided to try direct to the site first but thanks for the input.

Cheers, Fossil :slight_smile:

steve_24v:

Sockpuppet:

Not any more m8

DHL run the one at Crick (frozen).

Not sure I know of any other 3PLs running them?

I know your after Tesco work, but have you thought about any of the parcel or pallet network firms in the south-west area? The likes of TNT or Palltetways, they do nightly trucks & im pretty sure they take on subbies.

Jacko123:
I know your after Tesco work, but have you thought about any of the parcel or pallet network firms in the south-west area? The likes of TNT or Palltetways, they do nightly trucks & im pretty sure they take on subbies.

TNT from Bodmin is run by Brian Rayner
Palletforce is run by Westfields
Pallettrack is run by R+R Transport

There is a firm in Launceston (intercounty distribution) that does another pallet firm.

Short of running out of Plymouth, I don’t think there’s much scope in that area down here.

Jonah 1:
The only info I can give you is they’ve earn’t themselves a rep for not paying on time (even after their 90 day terms!!!)

I remember the article in CM about a haulage firm who blockaded their H.Q until he got paid.

Still interested?

Wild was the firm, went bust as a result or as indirect result I recall, need I say anymore