Tesco strike part 2

Juddian:

toonsy:

Sploom:

£2.6bn in profit.

Dear me, city boys will be jumping out of windows sans parachute so disappointed will they be at those figures :unamused:

Every little may help but it’ll be a cold day in hell before i cross the threshold of that company.

I will say one small word in favour of Tesco:
It appears they do actually admit to having UK profits, so will be paying their dues on such.

More honest than those who hide money offshore; or who trade recklessly privatising profit, then going pop leaving the state to pick up the losses… :bulb:

You don’t see stobart drivers moaning for the 9.50ph

Dimlaith:

stu675:

Dimlaith:

sweepster:
Four percent is a good pay offer, I’d be happy with that. It also depends on what strings are attached in order to get the four percent… Just read the article and with inflation at 6% I can understand why they turned it down.

4% gives me £21.07 on my basic a week. From a company who had increased profits of over 16% for the first half of the current financial year.

That’s £11ph based on a 48 hrs week■■?
[/quote

Try a 42.5 hr week.

may i ask if you are class 1 or 2 please

Class one.

LazyDriver:
Just like to shout out to us agency bods to support any industrial action and not accept any assignments in the effected depots during the disputes.

That’s not going to happen, when we had strikes at RM they were busing lots of agency people in, there is always someone who will cross a picket!!

Stephenjp:

LazyDriver:
Just like to shout out to us agency bods to support any industrial action and not accept any assignments in the effected depots during the disputes.

That’s not going to happen, when we had strikes at RM they were busing lots of agency people in, there is always someone who will cross a picket!!

It would be nice if the agency drivers support us but knowing Tesco they will throw money at them, there are also many contractors being used. But if we do strike then not much will be picked and loaded anyway.

Tosco drivers not breaking £30,000 basic, says it all really. Get the board to take out the heavily loaded deckers in the snow and ice. See how they get on.

selby newcomer:
Thurrock & Didcot have voted against strike action & to accept the 4% I was told on Thursday, by a union rep

Shameful that they’ve accepted that, it’s a disgrace of an offer. Drivers have never been in such a strong position to increase the wages. I hope they vote with their feet

Stephenjp:
there is always someone who will cross a picket!!

Also no surprise no support from train drivers hauling Tesco stuff.

Night-and-day:

selby newcomer:
Thurrock & Didcot have voted against strike action & to accept the 4% I was told on Thursday, by a union rep

Shameful that they’ve accepted that, it’s a disgrace of an offer. Drivers have never been in such a strong position to increase the wages. I hope they vote with their feet

The problem is that any vote at a Tesco DC is as a whole DC. All staff combined.
Personally I now hate driving for Tesco and am looking at other options including hanging up my keys for good.

Noremac:
Tosco drivers not breaking £30,000 basic, says it all really. Get the board to take out the heavily loaded deckers in the snow and ice. See how they get on.

Not sure about other DCs but basic is over 30k where I’m at

selby newcomer:

Noremac:

Not sure about other DCs but basic is over 30k where I’m at

Snap.

£27401 basic at Magor on new contract but over the bridge at Avonmouth they are on £30122

Dimlaith:
£27401 basic at Magor on new contract but over the bridge at Avonmouth they are on £30122

They also speak a different language “over the bridge”. My point is, why worry about what deal other people have in a different place. The average cost of living in Wales is considerably lower than the UK average. We all know that.

So what.
They’re all doing the same job.

Are the prices on the shelves any cheaper?

Cosmic:

Dimlaith:

They also speak a different language “over the bridge”. My point is, why worry about what deal other people have in a different place. The average cost of living in Wales is considerably lower than the UK average. We all know that.

Total bull shine your sprouting there fella

I can never understand different rates depending where you work, you should all be on the same basic. The only difference should be London weighting.

sweepster:
I can never understand different rates depending where you work, you should all be on the same basic. The only difference should be London weighting.

Are agency rates at the various RDCs different too?

On the other hand, NO one gets paid extra for running INTO London - do they?

Sadiste Khaaan’s Ultra Lifestyle-Ending Zone (ULEZ) means that there must surely now be a death of HGV yards actually operating out of the inner London area?

Presumably, for future food deliveries - Artics won’t come into the ULEZ so much, and puddle jumpers will be coming OUT to fetch and carry from Home Counties-based RDCs…?

Winseer:

sweepster:

Are agency rates at the various RDCs different too?

On the other hand, NO one gets paid extra for running INTO London - do they?

Sadiste Khaaan’s Ultra Lifestyle-Ending Zone (ULEZ) means that there must surely now be a death of HGV yards actually operating out of the inner London area?

Presumably, for future food deliveries - Artics won’t come into the ULEZ so much, and puddle jumpers will be coming OUT to fetch and carry from Home Counties-based RDCs…?

Home Counties v London is irrelevant for cost of living comparisons.
It’s always been cheaper to base a truck in Durham than Dorking at least since 1980 and you’ll still need a much higher wage to live in Dorking.

As for Euro 6 unless you’re running an old ■■■■■■■ powered Foden 4000 series it’s a moot point.Most recent types of trucks contain built in obsolescence in the form of unsustainable maintanence costs.Which generally means leasing new compliant kit anyway.