Tesco rdc dagenham

who here has attempted to follow the map on the booking in screen only to be shouted at by a shunter for going the wrong way?? even though the majority of the arrows painted onthe floor seem to follow the direction of the map/ common sence and the direction of travel at every other rdc i have been to. I know im not the only one that did it last night as several of the drivers in the waiting room were asking how to get out.

They’re having work done to remodel the one way system. You go in through the gate, turn right and go down the side of the building and round to goods in. To get out turn left off a bay and follow it round to where you started. The exit gates are opposite the entry gates - use the right hand side one.

P.S I’m aware you’re obviously not there now so have found your way out but for anyone else who is visiting at the moment it might be handy

I have not worked at the Dagenham depot for ages.
But from my understanding its basically a circular road around the warehouse. So, you can go either way you end up in the same place. I think anyway. Either way, it’s been a while.

These type of places are always full of a few jobsworth shunters though.

adam277:
I have not worked at the Dagenham depot for ages.
But from my understanding its basically a circular road around the warehouse. So, you can go either way you end up in the same place. I think anyway. Either way, it’s been a while.

These type of places are always full of a few jobsworth shunters though.

That’s part of why they’re remodelling it (the either way bit, not the shunter bit :lol ) and that’s exactly highlighted why they’re doing it so eventually after the work is complete, the markings are done, signings and diagrams redrawn etc it will make sense and everyone whether supplier or tesco will end up going the same way (apart from shutters obviously)

But yeah as it is now while working is ongoing its a bit of a mess.

toonsy:
They’re having work done to remodel the one way system. You go in through the gate, turn right and go down the side of the building and round to goods in. To get out turn left off a bay and follow it round to where you started. The exit gates are opposite the entry gates - use the right hand side one.

P.S I’m aware you’re obviously not there now so have found your way out but for anyone else who is visiting at the moment it might be handy

Sounds like it’s a blindside to get on the bays then?

stu675:

toonsy:

Sounds like it’s a blindside to get on the bays then?

think it will be unless they will let you spin it round to get on the bay… i know snodland let you do it if your dropping a trailer oppersite the bays

They’re not keen on spinning as there was a fatality a while back but its understood sometimes its needed. Generally speaking it’s easy enough to swing right and reverse straight back onto a bay anyway. And that’s me using the double deck bays that have less room than the normal ones.

Either that or I just blindside it on. Same with Snodland. Doing spinnies with heavy laden tiny double wheel tri-axle deckers isn’t a good thing…

toonsy:
They’re not keen on spinning as there was a fatality a while back but its understood sometimes its needed. Generally speaking it’s easy enough to swing right and reverse straight back onto a bay anyway. And that’s me using the double deck bays that have less room than the normal ones.

Either that or I just blindside it on. Same with Snodland. Doing spinnies with heavy laden tiny double wheel tri-axle deckers isn’t a good thing…

if you can reverse straight back on to the double decker bay at snodland (and im thinking of the right one) i realy am crap at reversing. took me nearly 30 mins last night to get onto one of the bays by the fence last night admitedly there were pallets and a couple of rigids parked along the fence

cooper1203:

toonsy:

if you can reverse straight back on to the double decker bay at snodland (and im thinking of the right one) i realy am crap at reversing. took me nearly 30 mins last night to get onto one of the bays by the fence last night admitedly there were pallets and a couple of rigids parked along the fence

No was on about at Dagenham. Defo not doing that at Snodland :laughing: