Tesco RDC at Harlow to close

According to Sky News “breaking news” bar just now

800 jobs to go

I bet the London & Stamford Property company will have problems filling the site now: this from 2011…By Ben Sillitoe - 05:06PM - Wed 3rd August 2011

London & Stamford Property, owner of shopping centres and retail sites across the UK including Sheffield-based Meadowhall, has today completed the acquisition of Tesco’s distribution centre (DC) in Harlow, Essex.

Bought for £22.9 million and reflecting a property yield of 7.5 per cent, the 273,115 sq ft warehouse is leased by Tesco for another 12.5 years and is used as a distribution hub for its stores in London and the south-east.

The property company will add the DC to its existing South Eastern distribution assets, which are held in a joint venture with Green Park Investments, and the cash yield for the new site once leverage is applied is anticipated to be 12.07 per cent.

Raymond Mould, Chairman of London & Stamford Property, said: “This acquisition sits very well with London & Stamford’s existing distribution investment portfolio.

“It is a high quality asset offering an excellent cash yield combined with a secure tenant and in a prime location.”

It is not long after the huge Comet RDC closed in the town. Tight times for the area.

bad place for reversing.and very bad

Yeah, but if they were signed up to lease it for another 12.5 years from 2011 re the press release of the firm who bought the site then how can they close it?

They could shut it briefly I suppose get rid of all the decent paid chaps then re-open with new T’s&C’s for our Eastern friends. I know the Harlow chaps are on a decent number.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-21578770

150 at Magor too

southwalesargus.co.uk/news/1 … w_centres/

Harlow in Essex, Weybridge in Sussex and Chesterfield will be shut completely, while Magor, which houses products like ketchup and gravy powder, is taking a staff cut like Welham Green in Hertfordshire.

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Silver_Surfer:
…then re-open with new T’s&C’s for our Eastern friends.

I think you will find that they are the majority working there at the moment!

Twoninety88:

Silver_Surfer:

Like the majority of RDC’s

What anybody has failed to write is that Tesco are opening a brand new RDC at Dagenham and are offering as many staff from Harlow a relocation package!

Retro rob:
What anybody has failed to write is that Tesco are opening a brand new RDC at Dagenham and are offering as many staff from Harlow a relocation package!

Most people know this :wink: I wouldnt want to travel from Harlow where most of the staff are living to Dagenham but a job is a job I suppose.
As for reversing you either have it or you dont , a piece of cake for me :wink: Although the left hand drive drivers have some problems.
Its a shame they are shutting as there are some decent people down there in the goods in and on the banks although their shunters mostly seem to be men of Kent :wink:

pierrot 14:

Twoninety88:

Silver_Surfer:

Like the majority of RDC’s

yes eastern European work in to many Rdec.NOT BAD JOB,PAY ABOUT 8-9 POUND.easy job.sick pay some company.can earn about 18-20 k every years.my question why young British don t go to this job.really can t answer■■?

Yeah, been on the cards for ages with reading ambient and deafen ham chill opening. I’m just surprised they can shut Harlow if they signed a long lease, suppose they can afford to keep it dormant for a few years and see what develops like fenny or .com it.

if people live in Harlow,and tesco transfer to Dagenham.one way about 24 mile.not bad.In Uk thousand people go from home to work 20-30 mile .

The relocation package is based on new terms and conditions. This was all on the cards when Terry Leahy packed it in. He valued his employees in the John Lewis mold. Warehouse were on over 25k basic and drivers starting wage was 42k. That’s why they haven’t taken any staff on, except using agencies, since TL left. Moving depots is a cost cutting exercise

what Depo will be closed next-Snoodland,Didcot,Hincley or Southampton.■■?

Snodland is on the cards , there are alot of East Euros in the place now on agency so the regulars have probley jacked or took a package .
I like Snodland , nice canteen , only downside is the little waiting room and the Samworths drivers from Leicester who were lapping up all the urban myths from the loud mouth twerp from the North East, non stop he was and they loved it , I am sure the Samworths kid was becoming arroused as when they called his bay he didnt stand up for five minutes. :unamused:

Just seen on bbc that Barlborough and weybridge are also closing

Too many drivers sitting at home watching the tele !

Easter-Star:

Retro rob:

As for reversing you either have it or you dont , a piece of cake for me

Or like with ■■■ them that don’t get it brag and boast about how often they get it, them of us that do keep stum lol

money.aol.co.uk/2013/02/26/tesco … d%3D157844

money.aol.co.uk/2013/02/26/tesco … d%3D157844