Tesco pay rise 2023

Looks like the general opinion from Unions the pay rise etc will be majority accepted this year across UK once it goes out to membership for vote.
Not a bad deal in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Big Truck:
Looks like the general opinion from Unions the pay rise etc will be majority accepted this year across UK once it goes out to membership for vote.
Not a bad deal in my opinion.

You going to tell us then ?

Most of them seem to be 7.5% plus £500 one off payment. I think its fair enough so have voted yes, though obviously there’s always people who want more or who vote no with everything.

Worth pointing out negotiations are still ongoing with some sites but the group of five that is Avonmouth, Dagenham, Widnes, Daventry Grocery and Middlesbrough recently accepted. Our ballot result is due tomorrow.

toonsy:
Most of them seem to be 7.5% plus £500 one off payment. I think its fair enough so have voted yes, though obviously there’s always people who want more or who vote no with everything.

Worth pointing out negotiations are still ongoing with some sites but the group of five that is Avonmouth, Dagenham, Widnes, Daventry Grocery and Middlesbrough recently accepted. Our ballot result is due tomorrow.

Wonder what they’ll get at Magor. I feel like I should join their union because even on agency I’ve had about 3 increases since starting last year haha!

Sent from my DUB-LX1 using Tapatalk

If accepted by majority that’s a basic rate rise of 22.5% since 1st July 2021.

There will STILL be drivers say Unions are a waste of time!!! Lol

Big Truck:

I agree in principle however its a little disingenuous to lay all credit at the door of the union. I mean some of the percentage has been through forfeiting one thing for another ie giving up the bonus for a percentage pay rise which was a no brainer in my eyes as we traded a potential bonus for a guaranteed pay rise equal to the maximum the bonus would be. Likewise there was a minor contract alreration which they sweetened with a few more percent.

Overall I think they’ve done well but I’ll not credit them with all of it.

Also pay in other parts has gone up by more than 21%. When I joined in June 21 base rate was £12.83ph, now assuming pay rise goes through it will be £17.82 which is 39%

I’d speak to the union about that :laughing:

Big Truck:

I got more than 7 % this year , just 2 driver reps in office with boss lol !!!

BA…

Getting 13%

bbc.co.uk/news/business-66404999

dozy:

Big Truck:

£500 lump sum also.

Big Truck:

dozy:

Big Truck:

£500 lump sum also.

Yes ours got accepted pretty comprehensively in the end.

Still not had our 2nd offer through after rejecting the initial offer, pay negs meeting was yesterday, so I expect to hear something over the next day or 2. The first offer of 7.5% was rejected by a massive majority, so not sure how an extra £500 on top will go down, saying that, 7.5% was a good offer to me, we’ll see what yesterdays meeting brings to the table.

toonsy:

Big Truck:

dozy:

Big Truck:

£500 lump sum also.

Yes ours got accepted pretty comprehensively in the end.

Will be astounded if ours gets turned down also!!!

At the end of the day inflation seems to he dropping so 7.5% and £500 lump sum we’re doing well I think!!!

7.5% & £500 pay offer received, ballot to take place & union recommend acceptance.

If accepted, £500 to be paid in September & 7.5% to be backdated to July 1st & paid in October.

Any youse Tesco GB Union drivers having a vote this month on “new contract” proposals■■?
Another 70p/hr about extra 4.65% my maths. Lol

The previous 7.5%/£500 lump sum got accepted in NI by a massive majority also.

toonsy:

Big Truck:

I agree in principle however its a little disingenuous to lay all credit at the door of the union. I mean some of the percentage has been through forfeiting one thing for another ie giving up the bonus for a percentage pay rise which was a no brainer in my eyes as we traded a potential bonus for a guaranteed pay rise equal to the maximum the bonus would be. Likewise there was a minor contract alreration which they sweetened with a few more percent.

Also pay in other parts has gone up by more than 21%. When I joined in June 21 base rate was £12.83ph, now assuming pay rise goes through it will be £17.82 which is 39%

Would I be right in saying the Union negotiated that bonus in the first place that you are exchanging for your raise?
I have the combination of working for a poor firm in terms of thoughts for their drivers and a non union firm.
I get neither bonus nor a pay raise.
.(well not lately anyway since the driver shortage b/s and Brexit.)
I can not help thinking their is a connection …not to mention a message in there somewhere eh?

Those who have been state brainwashed and those who jump on the bandwagon can say wtf they like.
Firms with recognised unions who work for their members are on far better t.s & c.s than those like me who work for non union firms…believe the hype if you like.

robroy:

toonsy:

Big Truck:

I’d speak to the union about that [emoji38]

Would I be right in saying the Union negotiated that bonus in the first place that you are exchanging for your raise?
I have the combination of working for a poor firm in terms of thoughts for their drivers and a non union firm.
I can not help thinking their is a connection …not to mention a message in there somewhere eh?

Those who have been state brainwashed and those who jump on the bandwagon can say wtf they like.
Firms with recognised unions who work for their members are on far better t.s & c.s than those like me who work for non union firms…believe the hype if you like.

Can tell you this for nothing:
My basic wages will have jumped roughly 27% if this “new contract” offer is accepted after vote.
I’m not there 2yrs between FT agency/FT Tesco until 16th this month.
CHUFFED to say the least!!! Lol

BTW,
The Tesco driver T&Cs need to be seen to be believed also!!!

Big Truck:
27%

Winner winner…

Chicken dinner.

Get in there!

yourhavingalarf:

Big Truck:
27%

Winner winner…

Chicken dinner.

Get in there!

HMRC bloody killing me on tax code but!!!
Lol lol lol

Big Truck:
Any youse Tesco GB Union drivers having a vote this month on “new contract” proposals■■?
Another 70p/hr about extra 4.65% my maths. Lol

The previous 7.5%/£500 lump sum got accepted in NI by a massive majority also.

I’ve only heard they were looking to do something with increasing sick pay (well not increasing it rather scrapping the waiting days so you get sick pay from day one) and also a general “looking into various improvements” about the new contract.

Nothing firm though. I’ve got my ride along with driver trainer who is also union tomorrow so I’ll ask him and see if he reveals anything.

Always worth looking at what they want for the extra 70p though…

robroy:

toonsy:

Big Truck:

Yeah it was part of a negotiated pay deal that was voted on. The previous bonus was UP TO 3% subject to performance and was paid as a lump in May if I recall, which was quite nice. But 3% was the top level and I think the last one we got was 2%, maybe 2.5%, can’t remember.

Then they offered as part of a pay deal to remove the bonus in exchange for 3% which to me was a no brainer because instead of potentially getting 3% its guaranteed in your rate, in your pension contributions etc etc