Tesco pay - Avonmouth

From the horses mouth, its £12 from September of this year +25% between 22:00 and 06:00 +25% for weekends and 25% for anything over 42.5 hrs.

You can either take the overtime as paid or you can bank hours for additional time off the rota has a 10 week cycle with 4 weekends off.

All training medicals licence and digital card renewals are paid for, the work is not particularly heavy in fact its a piece of p@@@ you don’t have to do overtime if you don’t want to, its a great big holiday camp the only thing missing are the redcoats and the knobbly knees contest.

On the driving assesment look in the mirrors so often it looks like you have parkinsons (particularly when moving off) and get out to check the 5th wheel height before coupling and the assessor will want to elope with you.

PM me if you want further details.

Big Truck:
Won’t be long before the new Lidl DC opens fairly close to it.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk[/quot

It does indeed, Lidl supply the trailers and independent hauliers do the rest.

Which means you have to work for a living.

onyerbike:

pierrot 14:
Why not just wait till they tell you at the interview ?

May not be worth going for the interview, a lot of their drivers left a few years back when they shut down the Harlow and Welham Green depots, they offered the staff the move to the new East London depot but had to reapply for their jobs at £2 an hour less.
Maybe they learnt a lesson after that?

where did you hear that rubbish ?

mike68:
From the horses mouth, its £12 from September of this year +25% between 22:00 and 06:00 +25% for weekends and 25% for anything over 42.5 hrs.

surely mike your getting 50% for overtime ?

karl67:

mike68:

surely mike your getting 50% for overtime ?

Indeed i would be expecting that too, even Kwik Save, which was a Wincanton contract at my depot, was paid at proper rates

ie

+50% overtime after 8 or 9 hours, calculated daily, any dark money on top, all breaks paid straight through though they expected (quite rightly) no extended breaks.
+25% dark money before 6am and after 6pm
+50% saturday up to midday thence +100% from midday saturday till end of shift on the monday if you were a night shift driver (working monday on double seldom applied as little moved at night)…these weekend rates also applied even if you were rota’d on saturday as a basic day.

forgot to mention, we had a good union, and almost 100% membership.

i would say so
our depo and i’m sure the rest are 50%

And where is Kwiksave now■■?

Many logistics companies do not pay premium for overtime or weekend work if part of shift pattern, just the same hourly rate.

bald bloke:

good_friend:
I’m out of date but it was £11+ a couple of years ago.

I hope you’re feeling strong as some of those cages are blinking heavy!

Make sure you go to the right site as there are 2 opposite each other

That’s Magor not Avonmouth !

Sorry my bad!

I was delivering for Stobrats though that time and they had no idea where I was going either!!

truckerrr:
Any interview/assessment tips?

TBH no as I ended up working for them at Reading through the agency there.

I have a weak arm through a bad fall off a horse so it wasn’t going to work out to our advantage :smiley:

The driver/assessor for TRG at Reading is a lovely guy but that doesn’t help you either sorry

good_friend:

truckerrr:

I have a weak arm through a bad fall off a horse so it wasn’t going to work out to our advantage :smiley:
I’d still be there now if I was a little stronger as i enjoyed it there

The driver/assessor for TRG at Reading is a lovely guy but that doesn’t help you either sorry

karl67:

onyerbike:

pierrot 14:
Why not just wait till they tell you at the interview ?

May not be worth going for the interview, a lot of their drivers left a few years back when they shut down the Harlow and Welham Green depots, they offered the staff the move to the new East London depot but had to reapply for their jobs at £2 an hour less.
Maybe they learnt a lesson after that?

where did you hear that rubbish ?

I’m a few miles away from the old Welham Green depot, thats what we were being told when a few of their drivers and warehouse staff came to work where I am, couple of stories on the evening news at the time, think that was when Harlow were closing and in negotiations…may not be 100% true, I never actually worked for them, just a few days on the agency at Harlow but that was years ago…but that is what I was told, took it in good faith…
I would want to know what the rate of pay was before going for the interview, thats the point I was making.

Big Truck:
Won’t be long before the new Lidl DC opens fairly close to it.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

tbh i wouldn’t mind a look at that - they usually do 4 on 4 of too from what i’ve heard…

mike68:

You can either take the overtime as paid or you can bank hours for additional time off the rota has a 10 week cycle with 4 weekends off.

All training medicals licence and digital card renewals are paid for, the work is not particularly heavy in fact its a piece of p@@@ you don’t have to do overtime if you don’t want to, its a great big holiday camp the only thing missing are the redcoats and the knobbly knees contest.

On the driving assesment look in the mirrors so often it looks like you have parkinsons (particularly when moving off) and get out to check the 5th wheel height before coupling and the assessor will want to elope with you.

Cheers bud that’s really useful to know. Are the shifts all over the place or can I choose days or nights?

good_friend:

truckerrr:

No problem mate, thanks anyway :slight_smile:

truckerrr:
Cheers bud that’s really useful to know. Are the shifts all over the place or can I choose days or nights?

O time is +50% I have just started (@livingston) it’s an 8 week rota and 5 out of 8 weekends I have at least 1 day off (3 x sat sun, 2 x sun mon, 3x Tuesday wed)
You will get a choice of fixed rota or the 8 week rota and am or pm starts (I picked 12 pm starts as it suits me) they will tell you at interview what you’ve best chance to get on.

Avonmouth Depot rota may be slightly different but it won’t be by much I wouldn’t think.

If you dont attend the interview you will never know what is on offer or the T&Cs
You never know the job might be “right up your street” and be what your looking for,as the saying goes “one mans meat is another mans poison”

smiggs:

truckerrr:

O time is +50% I have just started (@livingston) it’s an 8 week rota and 5 out of 8 weekends I have at least 1 day off (3 x sat sun, 2 x sun mon, 3x Tuesday wed)
You will get a choice of fixed rota or the 8 week rota and am or pm starts (I picked 12 pm starts as it suits me) they will tell you at interview what you’ve best chance to get on.

Avonmouth Depot rota may be slightly different but it won’t be by much I wouldn’t think.

Thanks mate, I’ll see what they say when I get there, but that sounds good tbh!

lolipop:
If you dont attend the interview you will never know what is on offer or the T&Cs
You never know the job might be “right up your street” and be what your looking for,as the saying goes “one mans meat is another mans poison”

True bud, I’ll definitely go - it sounds alright to be fair

mike68:

Do you work in this depot mate? If so, do you know what hours they need covering?

karl67:
i would say so
our depo and i’m sure the rest are 50%

If you’re Dagenham based there certainly wasn’t a 50% premium on rates in the early days there. I guess they’ve had to bite the bullet and pay more to attract drivers as they clearly got the rates wrong there. Don’t make the mistake of assuming all depots pay the same rates they never have and they never will.