tesco livingston

it seems they are going through some changes. no more free coffee. its 20p now and the agency drivers can no longer use the canteen as it is a new card system which is also being introduced to the transport office. 1 coffee machine uses cash, the other is card.
they are also introducing a new assessment system where each agency driver will do a full shift with an assessor sat next to them

so much for replacing the older fleet with auto CFs. they have just taken delivery of a load of brand new AXORS :confused:

they are still overbooking drivers too. there must have been 30 of us sat there at 1am today and my next run was due to leave at 05.37. which got cancelled so i only got a 5 and 3/4 hour shift :imp:

Seen a few 59 axors yesterday, what are they replacing 56 cfs? I thought livi didnt like the axors and thats why they all got sent down south the last time they bought them :confused:

Its a bit crap the agency cant use the canteen, getting treated like lepers there IMO.

Ps whoever does the traffic has their head up their arse, i was at silverburn last saturday and four tesco wagons turned up at the same time and sods law so did i :cry: spent the whole afternoon there :angry:

I also heard a tesco driver had a split load, first load in dundee, second load oban - now that’s a long day at 40mph :laughing:

They do that at Asda but you can get a card for a deposit and put money on it for your dinner.

Got one in there once and there was still 2 quid on the card, free dinner wooopppeeeee.

I refused to work at Tesco or Gist when on Agency after I got six hours for a Saturday night shift at Gist I refused to go back and the Agency agreed to give me 8 hours from then on as I had given up my whole weekend for about 50 quid after tax, less if you include my petrol.

I did wonder if the Agency gets a wee backhander for only paying drivers what they work i.e. split the 2 hours they beat me for between them.

paying for coffee really doesnt bother me since i dont drink it

as for the canteen im never there when foods being served, plus i always take stuff with me

not had an assesment there yet either but i got a kaxor on thursday when i was in,wasnt bad thoughwish it was a daf.

transport office is mad there sometimes, i stood in the transport office for 4 hours waitingfor a runafter getting mytrip changed 4 times, i eventually got sent home though.still get my 8 hours minimum though. back in tonight at 2330 so hopefully not alot of standing about.

my worst split load was dumfries then,…alloa

gogzy:

:open_mouth: What bawbag put that run together?

Alloa and Dumfries sounds a good split run to me out the depot for ages :slight_smile:

Wouldn’t go in for 6 hours pay, just wouldn’t do it. Taking the pish.

macplaxton:

gogzy:

:open_mouth: What bawbag put that run together?

thats only part of the run the last drop is in irvine but i never had it on.

was in the chilled at burton latimer this morn[morrisons], thats card only by the look of it on the tuck machine,no coffee/tea machine i could see,but there was a ICE COLD DRINKS MACHINE :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ,
tescos donny youve been paying for coffee for a while now

tesco boucher road belfast now operates card system in the canteen,drivers have a pay for drinks machine in a room where there is is a small tv and park bench seats,no chance of sleeping there

Why dont you write into all the truck magazines naming and shaming this bunch and others like them?

you can use the canteen at tescos, you just have to ask for a card on the way in at security and youll get it for the day.

last night i went in at 2300, didnt get my first run till 0514, but i got to go to sleep for 5 hours at a sunday rate :slight_smile:

gogzy:
you can use the canteen at tescos, you just have to ask for a card on the way in at security and youll get it for the day.

last night i went in at 2300, didnt get my first run till 0514, but i got to go to sleep for 5 hours at a sunday rate :slight_smile:

i was under the impression most of security had been done away with at tesco, you just book in by intercom,cant remember seeing any security for a bit ,just booking in folks,or is that just chilled :question:

ady1:

gogzy:

i was under the impression most of security had been done away with at tesco, you just book in by intercom,cant remember seeing any security for a bit ,just booking in folks,or is that just chilled :question:

nah at livingston u have to be let into the building by security because livingstons that big.

the 56 plate CFs are manual. apparently they are being replaced by autos eventually. i am one of the minority who prefers a manual gearbox.
it seems the AXORs are to assist with the christmas stock although they obviously have plenty of spare trailers. my run last night was to run solo (not ideal in freezing conditions with compacted snow on the roads) to ■■■■■■■■■■■ to collect a trailer and tip the rest at kirkintilloch as the driver had run out of time and left it there. when i arrived after 10pm there was 2 other trucks waiting to get in, plus a third rolled up as i was going in. 1 had been there for 4 hours. i got in, hooked up and then found out the trailer had been sat for over 7 hours blocking the only available bay and they hadnt bothered tipping it :imp:
they have a habit of sending more than one truck to a shop at the same time although they blame the planners in st albans as they are doing the planning for livingston now. thats why some drivers have loads of time to complete their trip while others have no chance for example, i had a 3 hitter, the second being rutherglen and the third being port glasgow. 8 minutes to get there :laughing:

they are seriously panicking tonight. they cant get enough drivers so they arent even bothering about times. i have been told to turn up when i feel like it :confused: :laughing:

scanny ur not the only one who prefers a manual, since its snowed ive always asked if they have a manual. the 6 wheeler dafs are better autos than the 4 wheelers, doesnt jurk about soo much.

i went in at 3pm yesterday,first drop a wishaw belhaven that was 2 hours late, theres a house directly across the road from the service yard (wtf tesco) anyway i got to the road up and its a snowy hill and im in an auto and the gates were shut so i had to stop inthe middle of the road directly across from the house (cars parked where we are meant to stop)

anyway gates are opened and …nothing just spinning then i started to slide backwards and had a carparked right up my backside.quick blast of the horn (much to the delight of thehouse next to the shop) and 2 bags of rock saltlater and i get in the yard.

i then got back to the yard and who gets stuck again while unhooking the trailer?

Me…lol

i did do my good deed at 2am today and went to rescue an overheating unit fron harthill. eventually finished at 3am and im away back in for noonish

greatfun…i could do with a proper sleep though