Tesco hudl

Hi all, no not a new RDC but a tablet computer just come out.
Anyone got one, seen one in action ?
There cheap wondered if they are any good
Thanks , Jim

I’ve heard good reports about them, not used one though. Think I’d go with a kindle fire if I was gonna move away from my iPad.

hudlforum.co.uk might find more info on here

No not got one but I am thinking the same as you, quite cheap and I doubt they will be rubbish. I Think Ipads are way overpriced for what they do.

Tesco don’t make tablets, so it’ll be a Tesco badge on something made by somebody else.

It would be great if it was Asus, but at the price I doubt it.

It’s getting good reviews, even from a few respected sources, at the price the spec’ seems good.

If it’s your first tablet & you don’t need the higher specs’ of a far more expensive one, then it looks to be a good buy.

I’ve already got an Acer B1, which at £100 you can’t go wrong & at the lower end (sub £150) it can go horribly wrong !

If you have a smartphone then I have no idea why you need a tablet. Honesty baffles me why they are a hit.

merc0447:
If you have a smartphone then I have no idea why you need a tablet. Honesty baffles me why they are a hit.

If having a smartphone with a 7" screen “baffles” you then there’s not a lot we can say to help !

I have a Nexus 7, I can’t praise it enough, brilliant bit of kit. If the hudl is just half as good as the Nexus it will be fine.

Argos have one out too

Just the fact that it has something to do with tesco puts me off completely, don’t care how much it costs, I’m saving up for an iPad air…

I am thinking about getting one but I’ve a Playbook at the moment and it’s good enough. Hudl seems like a cheap alternative to iPad but without some of the functionality. I’ll probably wait until someone I know has had one a while as I don’t want to be an unpaid developer

I thought it was something about a cramped waiting room

Pimpdaddy:
Just the fact that it has something to do with tesco puts me off completely, don’t care how much it costs, I’m saving up for an iPad air…

You must love it when anything ‘Tesco’ is mentioned on any thread :open_mouth:

(Not that I work for them or anything)

Pimpdaddy:

Tesco doin good deals on iPad if it helps

chester1:
Tesco doin good deals on iPad if it helps

Very little helps when it comes to tesco :smiley: Any ‘deal’ they have can always be beaten elsewhere…!

Chas:

merc0447:

If having a smartphone with a 7" screen “baffles” you then there’s not a lot we can say to help !

haha,i watch these numptys in waiting rooms playing with their phones trying to read things on the internet.
one driver told me he thought he had a great deal on his phone…£35 p.m !!! what a ■■■■! £420 p.a for a smartphone,haha.

Hello folk I have one of these and its the best £119 I have spent Its a nice piece of kit does everything I need to and great for nights out or sitting in a tesco RDC for hours.

I dont even know what all these Ipad things do…probably not a great deal more than my Iphone 3gs complete with it’s cracked screen.

Thanks for your replies and comments everyone, we have an I pad at home already and it’s a great piece of kit .
I also have an I phone another fine machine , just wanted a bigger screen at a 1/4 the cost of I pad.
Aylesbury duck , keep us informed of how your hudl performs , how it takes the rough and tumble of wagon life, will it take the knocks ?
Thanks, Jim.

I’ll stick with my 4G capable iPad thank you :wink:

I’m undecided wether to get a Nokia Phablet or a Nokia tablet, both announced yesterday before all the Apple hype. The tablet is particularly good value it seems. And while Windows RT gets a bad rap its perfectly fine for a reasonably priced tablet.