Tesco - Goole via agency

Has anyone done agency work there?
Im looking for info on runs, hours, shift length etc. Not comments about delivering to the DC as Im already aware of that side of things, having already done it myself

I have been asked if I will work at the Tesco DC at Goole by Driverhire at Doncaster. But as its a little over 30+ miles away, a standard Tesco 6-8hr shift wouldnt be profitable for me going. As Ive so far turned the work down, however as I believe its a Stobbies run yard I was wondering if the hours are longer than a standard Tesco 6-8hr shift that I`ve done at Doncaster.

Should be longer hours. It’s not just store delivery work you do but inter DC work as well as collections for other DCs. They don’t just cover the same area as doncaster does either. Some loads go up to Scotland.

Dont its crap, ask conor hell tell you.

I would do but he said he wanted longer hours and he’ll be guaranteed that for sure. He might not want the amount of hours he’ll get but he can’t complain about them only being an 8hr shift.

Anyway, not been there for 6 months now and they’ve just about gone through all the local agencies (which is probably why they’ve started using Donny and Scunny ones) and the original Ops Manager left in disgust so maybe they’ve changed. :laughing:

BLOODY HELL THEY MUST BE GETTING DESPERATE
jobcentreplus.gov.uk/Interne … =GOO/22749

Agency offering £11/hr - £20/hr, 12hr shifts to drive for Stobbies at Goole Tesco…

£10/hr in this area is virtually unheard of. I bet those who are employed by Stobbies, if they’ve not sacked them all, are a bit sick. Kind of tells you how hard they’re finding it to get people willing to go there.

Thanks for the replies
Ive done work at tescos Doncaster recently, but only found it to be 6-9hr shifts which isnt highly profitable as I like the idea of 10-14hr shifts. Doncaster is unfortunately flat rate pay via the agency, So once Ive figured in travelling time/costs, it limits my income somewhat. :frowning:

but living down the road from the Stockyard, driverhire Doncaster have asked me a couple of times to do Tesco goole which is roughly a 70+ mile round trip which normally is outside my travelling zone once I`ve figured in travelling time/costs.

Conor:
BLOODY HELL THEY MUST BE GETTING DESPERATE
jobcentreplus.gov.uk/Interne … =GOO/22749

Agency offering £11/hr - £20/hr, 12hr shifts to drive for Stobbies at Goole Tesco…

£10/hr in this area is virtually unheard of. I bet those who are employed by Stobbies, if they’ve not sacked them all, are a bit sick. Kind of tells you how hard they’re finding it to get people willing to go there.

seems like its the same agency in Gainsborough (Global Logistics 1972 Ltd) that where offering £3 p/hr at canutes Gamston recently.
your probably right, I`ve noticed the trend where companies exhaust the supply of agency staff, and start sourcing outside the area …is deffinately a BAD sign

peirre:
but living down the road from the Stockyard, driverhire Doncaster have asked me a couple of times to do Tesco goole which is roughly a 70+ mile round trip which normally is outside my travelling zone once I`ve figured in travelling time/costs.

You do know there’s a Tesco RDC at Barlborough don’t you? Stobbies have the haulage there and have a lot of agency drivers going into that. It’s only 10 minutes down the road from you at J30. It’s called the “Chesterfield” depot despite it not really being anywhere near Chesterfield - it’s like me saying Driffield is in Bridlington :unamused: Would imagine it’s possibly the Sheffield/Rotherham agencies supplying there.

Conor:
You do know there’s a Tesco RDC at Barlborough don’t you? Stobbies have the haulage there and have a lot of agency drivers going into that. It’s only 10 minutes down the road from you at J30. It’s called the “Chesterfield” depot despite it not really being anywhere near Chesterfield - it’s like me saying Driffield is in Bridlington :unamused: Would imagine it’s possibly the Sheffield/Rotherham agencies supplying there.

Though Im not banned from there, The welcome mat isnt put out for me if I`m asked to go back in there, and one of the other agencies that opperates in there pays poorly, especially on overtime rates, so try to avoid the place if possible

If the agency are keen to get you into Goole,then what about negotiating some travelling expenses,because if you are in there long term,then ultimately,the agency will benefit,and it is in their interest to help you.

It’s something I have done before.

Ken.

Quinny:
If the agency are keen to get you into Goole,then what about negotiating some travelling expenses,because if you are in there long term,then ultimately,the agency will benefit,and it is in their interest to help you.

It’s something I have done before.

Ken.

I had considered it, but haven`t asked …YET

Nothing ventured,nothing gained.

Ken.

I notice the hell hole that is Currys at Newark is having to spread its agency net wider.

Queried about this today.

Yet another agency that advertising work that they havn’t got! Surely they can’t do this can they?

This is starting to ■■■■ me off now, as over the last 2 days I have had 2 days of work cancelled

xlthunter:
Yet another agency that advertising work that they havn’t got! Surely they can’t do this can they?

This is starting to ■■■■ me off now,

yes ■■■■■■ me off as well and im meant to be in the electrical trade and agencies are exactly the same. its that bad im going back on the road on a perm job till the summer. :imp:

Forgive my ignorance here.

I’ve never worked for Tesco but hear the stories, so what is it about the Goole depot that is so bad?

Stan

think you have the answer in your post give you a clue what starts with G ends with E

Stanley Knife:
Forgive my ignorance here.

I’ve never worked for Tesco but hear the stories, so what is it about the Goole depot that is so bad?

Stan

The only thing I disliked about the Tesco site at Goole was the 15 minute walk from carpark to transport, up a 40 foot set of stairs, through the staff canteen, and down another set of stairs, fully leathered up and nowhere provided for bikers to get changed or lock their gear up.
Massive new complex like that and now quick/simple way in, or facilities for changing.