Tesco goole opinions

Currently work in hull as a container driver tramping 4 nights a week. Sick of the long hours and night out for a average to low wage. Thinking of going on agency at tesco goole £10 per hour non to fri guaranteed 50 hrs contract till June. If anybody knows what the work is like and what the stobart drivers are on info would be appreciated thanks.

I was talking to an agency that I do the odd job for and they said they are getting short of drivers for goole as they are all being taken on full time at stobarts

I thought they were paying a bit more than that, a mate of mine who lives up that way said they were advertising £11 p/h s/e, what agency have you been dealing with??

Id make sure you got it in writing of 50hrs a week until june before you jumped ship. The next month to 6 weeks will be chaos and then it will calm down a bit in the new year on tesco work

Youngy:
Currently work in hull as a container driver tramping 4 nights a week. Sick of the long hours and night out for a average to low wage. Thinking of going on agency at tesco goole £10 per hour non to fri guaranteed 50 hrs contract till June. If anybody knows what the work is like and what the stobart drivers are on info would be appreciated thanks.

Who you on for now mate? I agree Hull is low average but better then some out there !

I got offered a job there last year and it was £7.25 p/h but that was through stobarts now the agency

Milestone have been offering contracts choice of end of December or end of may 50 hours per week

Yes milestone is who I spoke to. I would definitely want it in writing before I handed my notice in. I would rather not say who I’m with in hull but £95 pd for 15 hour shifts is slavery as far as I’m concerned and some time at home with the wife would be great. Milestone are saying start times 6 guaranteed 10 hour shifts but more like 12 on average. Only snag no holiday pay for Xmas and your out of a job at end on May

mac12:
Milestone have been offering contracts choice of end of December or end of may 50 hours per week

Milestone have also scrapped the two years experience bit at at least one of their sites too.

Sign of the times perhaps?

Youngy:
I would rather not say who I’m with in hull

Fair enough, your name “youngy” rings a bell that’s all mate

Ask milestone if they have anything at norberts, its next to tesco just on Rawcliffe rd, I worked there for over 3 years on agency, its ici/dulux work.

selby newcomer:
Ask milestone if they have anything at norberts, its next to tesco just on Rawcliffe rd, I worked there for over 3 years on agency, its ici/dulux work.

They did mention that contract and said after the 6 month on tesco could be a possibility to go there.

Youngy:

selby newcomer:

They did mention that contract and said after the 6 month on tesco could be a possibility to go there.

Its easy work and the hours are there if you want them, you get left alone to get the job done and the boss is a decent fella. I only left coz I wanted to move back down south. If you wanna know anything about it just pm me if you want

Youngy:

A lot of goole drivers have also been going down to donny and working out of there as well.

Youngy:

Pay- peanuts/ buttons
£7.75 p.h 6 am- 6 p.m/ mo- fri
£8.61 p.h 6 pm- 6 am/ mo- fri
£15 per shift meal allowance
£5 per shift fuel bonus( you’ll have to be a really bad driver not to get it)
50 hrs p.w guaranteed
Stobart driver,not goole so could be different pay rates goole
Did 3x shifts at goole last week,all 13 + hrs!not goole driver!just sent there so could be my planner pushing for every second rather than goole planning hours.
Job- very simple and straightforward,but I.m.o.h.o, tipping 75 cages( d/d) of beer etc can be heavy work, but do-able.
Best of luck whatever way you go.

Trust me take what Milestone tell you with a very large pinch of salt, as I doubt anyone will actually stay on a fixed hours contract IF the work starts to dry up, Its too close to January for someone to be jumping ship towards an agency. Recently 1 of the Milestone senior local managers parted company with Milestone, and is now touting for drivers to work out of Goole (Thurs - Mon) with his new employers. Taking the contact details of MS drivers from the address book with him to transline, which is why Im getting unsolicited txt messages from this new firm. Theres a LOT of agencies who have tried to please Tesco Goole in the past by attempting to fulfil their agency requirements, and most of them have failed miserably …

Youngy:
guaranteed 50 hrs contract till June.

Is it April 1st already ■■ …or are the agency telling porkies ■■
Anyone with even the slightest experience of working for agencies knows the work WILL dry up in the new year, and anyone attempting to get their foot in the door with any agency will be way down in the pecking order for what work is available in the new year

Total BS that they will keep you running after Christmas, the Tesco work dies a massive death like all supermarket work after Crimbo.

They’d offer to ■■■■ your johnson if it got you in there this side of Xmas.

After a decade and a half experience of doing agency work I can agree the above is true.

You stand a chance of work after Xmas if you’ve been with the agency a while and shown yourself as competent and willing to do pretty much anything asked but as another corpse hired to fill a seat for the Xmas rush it isn’t going to happen.

I know it’s a bit off topic ,but what the idea behind delivering all them new tesco/ stobart axor,s to goole,running them for 1,000 k then sending them to livingstone :question:

Probly making sure there’s no initial defects before they punt them way up north.

Silver_Surfer:
Total BS that they will keep you running after Christmas, the Tesco work dies a massive death like all supermarket work after Crimbo.

Meant to go in tonight for a back haul,told to forget it as nothing there,just run straight back,3 hrs 30 driving with just a tri full of rubbish :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused: ,think you’re right s s,if there’s nothing there now then I’d of thought there’d be next to nothing after Xmas.