Tesco buy Booker group

bbc.co.uk/news/business-38767862

Quite surprising! Suppose it makes sense they’ll be able to negotiate better prices from suppliers, maybe some savings could come in distribution and warehousing.

Got to laugh at folk on here saying Tesco where in trouble last year…then they go out and spend £3.7 billion on the biggest cash and carry in the uk without breaking a sweat :laughing:

There’ll be some ■■■■■■ off blokes at welham green. They won’t be offering massive redundancy packages with another depot 3 miles away

Like most things, eventually you have no choices and there in lies the problem. When there’s only one organ grinder you all end up being monkeys [emoji205]!

OVLOV JAY:
There’ll be some ■■■■■■ off blokes at welham green. They won’t be offering massive redundancy packages with another depot 3 miles away

I heard a rumour that tesco welham green will be closing soon. Part of the 1000+ job losses going on.

BradCarTransporter:

OVLOV JAY:

I heard a rumour that tesco welham green will be closing soon. Part of the 1000+ job losses going on.

It’s not a rumour, it’s official. They’ve already offered relocation to Reading, Thurrock and Dagenham, but they’re over the mileage threshold for enforcement. Hence the massive payouts at Harlow when Dagenham opened. But Bookers is only 3 miles away. I think if you refuse to move there, you’ll only get statuary payments, rather than the big one they were expecting

I guarantee there’s some ■■■■■■ off drivers at Haydock when I go in tonight, me being one of them. I’ll never pull on that green uniform though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

merc0447:
Quite surprising! Suppose it makes sense they’ll be able to negotiate better prices from suppliers, maybe some savings could come in distribution and warehousing.

Got to laugh at folk on here saying Tesco where in trouble last year…then they go out and spend £3.7 billion on the biggest cash and carry in the uk without breaking a sweat :laughing:

Undoubtedly savings in Transport the same [zb] over stobarts gave Tesco drivers will be the same job Bookers drivers get.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wonder when the penny will drop with the green army?
When they’re doing multidrop filling the shelves and fridges for the restaurants and cafes they’ll be delivering to :laughing:

peirre:
I wonder when the penny will drop with the green army?
When they’re doing multidrop filling the shelves and fridges for the restaurants and cafes they’ll be delivering to :laughing:

You know it mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cosy deal, not surprised tho, both bosses went to school together.

mr bluecity:
Very cosy deal, not surprised tho, both bosses went to school together.

We don’t know the half of it do we. They play god with people’s lives over lunch.

Saying to another driver this morning that nowadays do we know who we work for,bunnings have bought homebase and will phase out homebase within 5 yrs,told my niece about it and she says yeah i know because leigh (her fiance) had a meeting about it the other day,i replied that can’t be right cos he works for jewsons,she replied that jewsons are part of homebase,i give up in the old days you knew who was who,now one company buys another out then they buy someone else and so on ,no one knows who owns who now,incidentally any drivers ever done bookers rdc reading,lovely place (not)

May have got it wrong,is it booker or bestway at reading,was over 4 yrs ago i went there,so i may be wrong

This is just another step on the way to when one huge corporation owns and controls everybody and everything.Your local High St.will have shops with all kinds of names but there will probably be only 2 or 3 ultimate owners.

Does this means they will also inherit Makro as part of the Booker merger/takeover too?

truckman020:
Saying to another driver this morning that nowadays do we know who we work for,bunnings have bought homebase and will phase out homebase within 5 yrs,told my niece about it and she says yeah i know because leigh (her fiance) had a meeting about it the other day,i replied that can’t be right cos he works for jewsons,she replied that jewsons are part of homebase,i give up in the old days you knew who was who,now one company buys another out then they buy someone else and so on ,no one knows who owns who now,incidentally any drivers ever done bookers rdc reading,lovely place (not)

Sorry but it was ever thus, it’s called capitalism

truckman020:

Jewson’s are part of Saint-Gobain. Homebase is owned by Wesfarmers, an Australian-based conglomerate which does also own Bunnings, but it’s unlikely they’ll dump the name Homebase in favour of an Australian name which is unknown here.

merc0447:

Always made me laugh too.

Tesco are going nowhere and will be the UK’s leading retailer for years to come.

Booked isn’t much different to Tesco as far as prices are concerned. I shop at Costco instead :sunglasses: