Tesco brackmils in Northampton-what is happening?

Hi all.
Not too sure if this is the corect forum for this question but a friend of mine has an interview with Eddie Stobart for a driving job at Tesco Brackmills but I have heard that they are closing down soon.
Can anyone confirm or deny this rumour so hat I can advise my friend accordingly.
Thank You

Didn’t know Tesco had a place at Brackmills.

A friend of mine works for Stobbie at Daventry,and he loves the job.

Ken.

Quinny:
Didn’t know Tesco had a place at Brackmills.

A friend of mine works for Stobbie at Daventry,and he loves the job.

Ken.

its opposite tuffnells place ken.(i think)
little poxy place it is. i had ten plts of crisps yrs ago took em 7 hours to sort it out and tip em.grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Think I read somewhere recently Stobbies had just won a big contract with Tescos But cant remember what it was, I think it was all roped in with trains out of Daventry and other things . No doubt somebody will put you right.

Greek, you are correct , Eddie Stobart has won the contrct to run the new Tesco w/house at Di.r.f.t plus a huge chunk of other Tesco work. The new place is mostly chill i think but Eddies yard is only round the corner on the A5. Tesco also have a frozen w/house over the road and the HILARIOUSLY named Fastway w/house is on D.i.r.f.t. also( I spent 7 hrs in there once, one of three wagons tipping on 43 empty bays…don’t get me started :smiling_imp: )On top of that they have yet another ambient w/house on the other side of the M1 at Crick. The Brackmills rumour has been doing the rounds for ages but would make sence if everything is being consolidated around jct 18. Hope this helps…Shade

tesco brackmills is a wine & spirits warehouse some of the work is being transfered to maygor,fastway,dav1 at dirft there is also a another tesco wine warehouse in northampton wich os closing on the 23 september with the los of around 110 jobs stobarts do all transport out of brackmills fastway and dav 1

yes there is a tescos in brackmills northampton it is a bonded warehouse where they do wine and alcohol - Eddie Stobart do do the transport there this changed on 23rd september as it was tesco transport to begin with - although staff have just been told this distribution warehouse is closing! - making staff redundant as of the 3rd May 2008!

tesco at Crick closed at the end of last year just after the new warehouse opened at Lichfield…just off the A38 at Fradley Park

aldafdriver:
tesco at Crick closed at the end of last year just after the new warehouse opened at Lichfield…just off the A38 at Fradley Park

The new Lichfield DC is also taking a lot of work from Magor. Tractors and trailers have been taken from Magor this last week to Lichfield.

Looks like Tesco is undergoing some big changes in its distribution network.

Not sad to see the place close, although there was one shift who were fast and freindly etc, of whom I do feel sorry for.

Many hours I have spent in there canteen with Tesco employees looking at me like something on the bottom of there shoes :unamused: :smiling_imp: