Tesco assessment

Still driving for Tesco? I overtook a beautiful blonde lady in a Tesco wagon this morning…on her mobile phone :slight_smile:

Just thought l would let you all know, and maybe encourage other newly qualified drivers out there, that l had my driver assessment for Tesco yesterday.(Only did my class II & I back to back in Sept) Theory was fine l got 93%. Had my drive in an 18tonne merc. Easy…not one but 3 reverses into different bays…(not sure if thats normal or because l am female :confused: ) Anyway luckily l am pretty confident at all that :smiley: The look on the other male drivers…think Meerkats… :laughing: Is it so strange to have a blonde female Artic driver■■?
Anyway…l passed everything with flying colours!!! Start my driver training next week :laughing:

Give me a wave if you see a small blonde person driving a Tesco lorry :laughing:

grovegarage:
Just thought l would let you all know, and maybe encourage other newly qualified drivers out there, that l had my driver assessment for Tesco yesterday.(Only did my class II & I back to back in Sept) Theory was fine l got 93%. Had my drive in an 18tonne merc. Easy…not one but 3 reverses into different bays…(not sure if thats normal or because l am female :confused: ) Anyway luckily l am pretty confident at all that :smiley: The look on the other male drivers…think Meerkats… :laughing: Is it so strange to have a blonde female Artic driver■■?
Anyway…l passed everything with flying colours!!! Start my driver training next week :laughing:

Give me a wave if you see a small blonde person driving a Tesco lorry :laughing:

Very well done. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Can you expand on what was actually involved in the assessment - what did the assessor look for on the road drive, was there a walk round check and what did they look for, what were the questions asked in the paper excerises etc etc :question:

Which depot are you working out of? Most of the ones up my end are Stobart run :frowning:

rob22888:
Which depot are you working out of? Most of the ones up my end are Stobart run :frowning:

Didcot in Oxfordshire.

Had to take a 100 question theory similar to the LGV theory but specifically for tesco. had to get at least 85%. Then a couple of health questions, do l smoke(no) do l take drugs(no) then out with my assessor to the lorry. Followed him round the lorry while he went through some of the checks l would have to do and about the fridge temperatures. Then we got in and l drove round the depot and did a couple of reverses into bays. We then went out on the road and drove for about 15 miles. We stopped off on the way back to a recycling center to drop some stuff off and l got to see how the tail gate worked etc. Then back to the depot where i did more reversing this time into tight parking spaces. Then quick run through of Tacho etc. Back in the office to have my picture taken and a ‘well done Haley lovely drive you passed when can you start?’ Thats it, and l start my driver training next week :smiley: l wasnt worried about the driving part but l was worried about looking like an idiot about the other things…tacho,tailgate etc having never used either before (l have only driven 7.5T with no tachos and no taillift)

Nice one ! :smiley:

hi well done :smiley: can i ask have they set you on has c or ce just wonderd with assessment in an 18t

thought you needed a years experience to work for tesco?

gogzy:
thought you needed a years experience to work for tesco?

Yes you do but my uncle works for them and put in a good word for me :laughing: l do have about 20 years experience driving 7.5t not sure if that helped??

paul67:
hi well done :smiley: can i ask have they set you on has c or ce just wonderd with assessment in an 18t

Start off in rigids for couple of months then go on to artics if all ok :smiley:

paul67:

grovegarage:
Start off in rigids for couple of months then go on to artics if all ok :smiley:

Use every available opportunity to get some artic reversing in - even if it means doing an extra hour for free :bulb: