Terraclean

I know plenty of people are raving about how much this has improved there diesel cars so i cant help but imagine it would be beneficial to get a truck done, has anyone seen it advertised anywhere?, the operators seem to be missing a trick as i for one would certainly get it done as i would imagine it would breath new life into a high mileage truck thats getting on in years

I remember them plugging it for cars on an episode of Wheeler Dealers it all sounded a bit snake-oily I thought at the time.

i know what you mean but a quick look around the car forums shows theres some very satisfied customers, cars that where sluggish no longer are, no more chucking out black smoke, no erratic idle, i havent read a single negative comment anywhere about a diesel car thats had the treatment

I’m quite interested in switching to the waterless coolant they featured in one show. I asked the guy who services my cars about it and after a quick read on the website he brought it for his car straight away. Still waiting on the longer term verdict for it.

m1cks:
I’m quite interested in switching to the waterless coolant they featured in one show. I asked the guy who services my cars about it and after a quick read on the website he brought it for his car straight away. Still waiting on the longer term verdict for it.

Be careful of this, coolants have engine specific additives in them to protect your engine from corrosion/cavitation/etc. Engines are made up of a number of different metals/alloys and the specific coolant for that engine will meet all the manufacturers requirements for protection of the metals/alloys used.

The waterless coolant does look good on paper, it is much better at being an anti-freeze and also cooling, but cooling is only one part of what coolant does :wink:

But on paper, because it’s waterless theres no water to corrode any components. The Evans website explains it better than I ever could but I’m guessing from your reply you’ve already looked at it yourself.

m1cks:
But on paper, because it’s waterless theres no water to corrode any components. The Evans website explains it better than I ever could but I’m guessing from your reply you’ve already looked at it yourself.

Yes I have, I’ve looked at Evans Coolant quite in depth for a magazine column I write and I won’t be putting it in my engine. The main concern is the additives in coolants, or the lack thereof in this case. No doubt that Evans is a far superior coolant than anything else out there because it is, however people that have been running it have had a number of problems, some have been self inflicted as they have put resistors in to fool the temperature sensors to reduce the time the fan kicks in (in an attempt to gain mpg) the higher boiling point of Evans allows this, but they’ve been wiping out heads and head gaskets at the same time, so a case of spending a tenner to save a couple of pennies.

If I had an out of warranty engine that ran a little hot, I would give Evans a shot, but if everything was fine I wouldn’t bother with it myself :wink: