Terminally Bewildered on the M25

Heading for Dover from Slough this afternoon and on the M25 at the A3 junction a police vehicle joined from the slip road a little way in front of me, as you no doubt know it becomes 4 lanes again just after the junction so I moved into lane 1 with the police vehicle about 100 metres ahead of me but travelling slower than me, it was raining very hard and I was doing about 52-53 mph. In lane 2 there is a silver Yaris and this guy was just sitting there a couple of meters behind the police vehicle but not making any attempt to pass it. I gained on both vehicles and moved first into lane 2 then into lane 3 to pass them both and as I got 9/10ths of the way past the Yaris it accelerated up to level with the front of my unit then stayed there for a minute or so before moving into lane 1, at which point I moved into lane 2 and started to go past the Yaris again. I was almost past it for a second time when he again accelerated to level with me and stayed there. :unamused: :confused:

I decided I wasn’t going to play this game and as there was nothing behind me in lanes 2 and the police were about 100 metres behind in lane 1, I slowed to get back in behind the Yaris. At this point the Yaris also decreased speed and stayed level with the front of me. :imp: :unamused: I think he was trying to stay in the spot with the least amount of spray. Once again I increased speed and once again so did the Yaris :smiling_imp: but this time he carried on until he was ahead of me, :smiley: I gave him a moment to get ahead then moved into lane 1. :smiley:

I looked in the mirror and saw the police vehicle move into lane 2 and increase its speed and as they came along side me the officer in the passenger seat look up, smiled and made sort of ‘Can you believe that pratt?’ type gestures. :wink:

They then proceeded to attempt to stop the Yaris whose driver seemed to be oblivious to the fact. They were behind it with the lights going and headlights flashing, they pulled along side and gave him arm signals but it was over a mile before this guy realised what they wanted and pulled onto the shoulder. I moved into lane 2 to give them a wide berth as who knew what this guy would do next and I had visions of his door flying open. As I went past the officer climbing out of the vehicle gave me a smile and a little wave and headed towards the Yaris with a look of determination on his face.

Isn’t it nice when there is a police officer about when you want one? I was smiling about it all the way to Dover. :laughing: :smiley: :sunglasses: :wink:

is it me ? or is there an echo in here? :wink:

Theres Definatly an Echo… echo… echo…

But Yeah Coffeeholic, Its great to see our Traffic plod doing something good for a change… they obviously knew what was going on, and could see what the Yaris was doing…
Just makes you wonder what the yaris’s driver’s excuse woz…

AndyM:
Theres Definatly an Echo… echo… echo…

it’s gone now :slight_smile:

well going by the lame excuses we have had on here lateley, my guess would be

1. sorry i was on the phone
  2. but im on my way back from felixstowe :wink:

Sorry about the confusion Denis but I am on the ferry and I thought it hadn’t posted but it had, twice. I deleted the 2nd one. :smiley:

Coffeeholic:
Sorry about the confusion Denis but I am on the ferry

I always find being confused helps me through the day :wink:

I deleted the 2nd one. :smiley:

I guessed that really :smiling_imp:

Just goes to show that the traffic police appreciate what were up against. Ive always been of the opinion that most of them are on our side, anyway, particularly in the London area. They are after all, doing a similar job to us , in that they spend most of their working day on the road, and understand our frustrations. Ive always found that if you speak to them in a polite manner, theyll treat you with respect, and if theyve pulled you over for a minor infringement, theyll put you right, and tell you to be on your way.
Best Regards
Trevor

:smiley: Neil I think you were dreaming. What really happened (being traffic cops) was that they stopped the Yaris to inform the driver that they’d got your details and would be contacting you and your company and that they fully sympathise with the Yaris driver for being hassled by your dangerous and inconsiderate driving…

It wouldn’t surprise me. :unamused:

Brgds

Speedy