Temporary Foreign Worker Program

…sanctions Nova Scotia trucking company

I think, this is just the beginning…

Tom

Good, I hope it opens the floodgates, if they suspend TFW’s for a while it’s got to force these companies to pay better, to get hold of and retain drivers, else within 12 mths these companies will be suffering badly from not getting deliveries on time, truck’s parked up etc.
Not good for drivers that want to move here now but can only benefit everybody in the long run.

Canadian companies abusing the system■■? Noooo they wouldn’t dream of it would they lol

neilg14:
Good, I hope it opens the floodgates, if they suspend TFW’s for a while it’s got to force these companies to pay better, to get hold of and retain drivers, else within 12 mths these companies will be suffering badly from not getting deliveries on time, truck’s parked up etc.
Not good for drivers that want to move here now but can only benefit everybody in the long run.

You’re right, there is not a shortage of truck drivers in Canada the companies complain about, there is a shortage of companies who pay a decent wage.

Even if they pay the same money for TFW’s, there is always a way around.

I.e. H&R, there are plenty of Canadian drivers working for them for many years and don’t have to complain, they make their run to California and back to Lethbridge every week, they have their miles, hometime every week.

But there are also the crappy trips, so it’s a good thing to use TFW’s for that, they have no choice, they must take what they get or they can go home.

The Temporary Foreign Worker Program is also a good business for the economy, everybody who comes over has to spend a lot of money, you need housing, you need a car, this and that, and if it doesn’t work out, they go back and have to sell all this stuff for cheap money.
And the next TFW is knocking on the door…

When I came over to Canada in 2009 I really thought that there was a shortage of truck drivers in this country, especially on P.E.I. and the east, meanwhile I have learned that it’s a good way to keep the wages low…

It’s time that the Government takes action against all these companies who abuse the system.
Bulk Carriers P.E.I., Seafood Express, Ayr Motor Express, Donnelly Farms, Day and Ross, McConnell Transport Ltd, H&R Transport, Bison. There are more companies who take advantage of this program and keep the wages low…

Meanwhile, thanks to the internet, and drivers who doesnt’t keep their mouthts shut, drivers in the UK, Germany, Holland and so on are warned and the companies have to go further east to look for drivers, there are plenty of drivers in Poland, Hungary, Russia, Lithuania waiting for a chance to come to Canada…

Just my two cents…