OVLOV JAY:

albion:

OVLOV JAY:

albion:
And I’m a Madam :wink: , in fact I’m a right little madam :laughing:

Is that alongside the transport business? :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Diversification and all that :laughing:

But which pays more? :laughing:

Well it used to be being a madam, but now that I’m knocking on, it’s the haulage. Yep, its’ got that bad. :wink:

Should this be on the ‘what other trade do you have’ thread?

That depends if you can provide your formal qualifications :stuck_out_tongue:

Class Madam Albion! :slight_smile:

With regards to the sick pay not being unusual, did people use to take the ■■■■ less with it? I.e. Only phone sick if they were genuinely sick whereas now people see sick pay as like extra holiday pay and actually plan to take a week off sick every year on top of their holidays, or has it always been like that? From an employers point of view you can see why they don’t give sick pay when you get the minority’s doing that.

You’re wrong

albion:
You are wrong.

Anyone coming to work for us does so with a very clear understanding of what the job entails, we run through the good and bad points, happy to show previous weeks timesheets. People that do the wages are like drivers, they can make mistakes; fortunately both rarely do,(though when the accounts guy goes on holiday and I do the wages…some people get more , some people get less cos I’m rubbish at the PAYE system. :blush:

Money is as it says at the interview, overtime after 8 hours, double sundays and BH is + a day in lieu. Bonus at Xmas. Sick Pay is standard, but it is for me, so at least I believe in equality :wink: Small company, you can have pretty much any time you want off, though if two people have booked the same time, you’ve had it.

Clear straight to the point honest job description and whats expected of someone, generally though most employers will exaggerate the good bits and wash over the rest.
If i was employing there’ll just be two questions…can you do 5 nights out and 4K km a week… :wink:

Cowboy outfits lie to sell the dream to get the staff, it was rife in the transporter game when i started, if they had told the truth they would never have got anyone, hence the driver turnover was staggering there, it came full circle in the end, they ended up having to pay over the odds to get the drivers and are now history, see some stories do have a happy ending :smiling_imp:

There will always be wide boy chancers who tell you what you want to hear, people without honour whose word means nothing (like most politicians, who are foul creatures that tell the easily led what they want to hear too) all you can do is use them as much as they use you, take what you can from the job in any way you can and get out when the time is right for you, they deserve nothing of real value such as trust or loyalty.

AndrewG:

albion:
You are wrong.

Anyone coming to work for us does so with a very clear understanding of what the job entails, we run through the good and bad points, happy to show previous weeks timesheets. People that do the wages are like drivers, they can make mistakes; fortunately both rarely do,(though when the accounts guy goes on holiday and I do the wages…some people get more , some people get less cos I’m rubbish at the PAYE system. :blush:

Money is as it says at the interview, overtime after 8 hours, double sundays and BH is + a day in lieu. Bonus at Xmas. Sick Pay is standard, but it is for me, so at least I believe in equality :wink: Small company, you can have pretty much any time you want off, though if two people have booked the same time, you’ve had it.

Clear straight to the point honest job description and whats expected of someone, generally though most employers will exaggerate the good bits and wash over the rest.
If i was employing there’ll just be two questions…can you do 5 nights out and 4K km a week… :wink:

That would very much depend on how much you are willing to pay… :unamused:

the nodding donkey:

That would very much depend on how much you are willing to pay… :unamused:
[/quote]
Ive only ever done it twice , that was short term contract, rented a unit and trailer and paid the driver 14eur ph up to 8hrs, 21eur thereafter, 30eur night out.
Very easy work, no loading tipping just trailer drop/swop the other end…

Juddian:
Cowboy outfits lie to sell the dream to get the staff, it was rife in the transporter game when i started, if they had told the truth they would never have got anyone, hence the driver turnover was staggering there, it came full circle in the end, they ended up having to pay over the odds to get the drivers and are now history, see some stories do have a happy ending :smiling_imp:

There will always be wide boy chancers who tell you what you want to hear, people without honour whose word means nothing (like most politicians, who are foul creatures that tell the easily led what they want to hear too) all you can do is use them as much as they use you, take what you can from the job in any way you can and get out when the time is right for you, they deserve nothing of real value such as trust or loyalty.

You get my vote! :smiley:

AndrewG:

albion:
You are wrong.

What’s the O/T rate then? What’s the basic hourly rate with the meal allowance stripped out? I let those slide because Madam Albion showed a great sense of humour so I couldn’t be arsed after that! Getting the FULL story from gaffers is like pulling teeth! :smiley:

TiredAndEmotional:

AndrewG:

albion:
You are wrong.

What’s the O/T rate then? What’s the basic hourly rate with the meal allowance stripped out? I let those slide because Madam Albion showed a great sense of humour so I couldn’t be arsed after that! Getting the FULL story from gaffers is like pulling teeth! :smiley:

I dont think Albions post was intended as an advert or a job offer. Maybe you could ask her if she offers you an interview? I think youll be sat behind Beezle in the waiting room though. And from an employers point of view how many applicants are totally up front about themselves? Im not accusing you or anyone of dishonesty, but some may try to give an impression of being a wee bit better than we… sorry thats they.. are? Best way to find out a job is to ask people already there, not rely on ads or interviews. Youre right that wages and jobs rarely are as good after 6months in the job, as they sounded at first, but thats often true of other things. We sometimes "gee ourselves up" to quit one job and start another. We change with high optimism, but reality soon kicks in. Its not transport, it`s life!

Well of course it wasn’t a job offer but my original post was all about just how bloody hard it is to get the full story and Madam Albion left a couple of things unanswered. If you ask too many questions you’re a trouble maker and if you don’t you take it up the arse inevitably. Lose,lose if you’re an employee!

You’re post heading said “tell me I’m wrong”. OK, if it makes you happy - you’re wrong! :slight_smile: