Telepass

Anyone else using these? They’re supposed to replace your tags/boxes for Euroland?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

The Germans have tried to take control of European tolls, their toll collect system, which is hardwired into trucks, was their one box toll control, but at the moment only Germany and Austria use it.
AS24 have a one for all box, and covers the majority of Europe including Belgium, so no stopping at the corridor and joining a queue in the rain.
Telepass is just another one who are jumping on the bandwagon.
The one box pays all bill coming through the door is better than several.

Slightly off topic
There’s been a recent change to the European toll tags available to joe public so they can drive on the foreign roads during their holidays, the French tag companies now offering a (TopEurop) tag that you can use in France, Spain, Portugal and Italy (FEPI). I’ve just exchanged my French APRR tag for one of these with APRR.
Sanef tolling in the UK which many Brits seem to prefer because of their English speaking customer Services, don’t yet offer a single FEPI tag claiming theres no demand for this, and offer 2 separate tags, 1 for France and another for Spain, Portugal and Italy, maybe this is down to the €10 per tag annual service fee they charge for each tag :unamused: something that the other euro toll companies don’t charge

Grumpy Dad:
The Germans have tried to take control of European tolls, their toll collect system, which is hardwired into trucks, was their one box toll control, but at the moment only Germany and Austria use it.
AS24 have a one for all box, and covers the majority of Europe including Belgium, so no stopping at the corridor and joining a queue in the rain.
Telepass is just another one who are jumping on the bandwagon.
The one box pays all bill coming through the door is better than several.

I think you`re mistaken there?
The German system is either pay in advance at MAUT toll boxes, or as you say, to have a box hard wired into the vehicle tacho.
The Austrian system uses a “Go Box” simply stuck into the windscreen, which registers every time the vehicle passes under a motorway gantry with sensors. Pre-pay or Direct debit from registered card.

You can get your German Maut box to work in Austria now Franglais.
They altered the software so you could use it and save getting a Go Box.

Also,I believe there’s now an App for the Maut where you can book a route on your phone and pay for it,I think you can,I’m still a lucky so and so with a fitted Maut box…

jase:

Also,I believe there’s now an App for the Maut where you can book a route on your phone and pay for it,I think you can,I’m still a lucky so and so with a fitted Maut box…

You can get the app from Toll collect. I used it recently for Germany into Austria and it’s a piece of ■■■■ to use. We pay for the maut with DKV on it.

jase:

Thanks for that. :smiley: Too good to expect a Go Box to work in Germany of course!
Ive heard summat about getting an app, to do the bookings of Germany trips, but without one of those hard wired devices you have, it is still IMHO a nasty system. Having to prebook everything, is not friendly to multi drop work. With the older system where only motorways were chargeable I could manage OK, but find the newer system is too rigid in its routing. Daresay I`ll muddle through of course. :smiley: No choice! As an occasional visitor there, the German device is plain expensive.

bigvern1:

jase:

You can get the app from Toll collect. I used it recently for Germany into Austria and it’s a piece of ■■■■ to use. We pay for the maut with DKV on it.

If it`s that easy even I might give it a go!
Ta.

I did it and I’m a useless see you next Tuesday.