tef transport scarborough

dle1uk:
they have been around for few years but have either gone bump or restarted a few times…

some one at work today mentioned them apparently 7-8 quid an hour o/t after 60hrs?? but they will try and get you back before you reach 60■■ and on some contract nights out paid at £25 but you must use secure parking? paid from the 25 quid (haha)…

Where do you find secure parking for 85p?

The 2012 agreed rate is £32.20 less 25% for a sleeper cab

£32.20 - Overnight Subsistence
£24.15 - Sleeper

Bud143:

kindle530:
whos tef? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Its T.E.F of Scarborough blue M.A.Ns with blue curtainsiders and yellow writing

Hullo Bud143,
When did they change their colours then ? The last time I remember seeing one of them, they were an Orangey sort of red and Yellow.
Cheers, Archie.

Wheel Nut:

dle1uk:
they have been around for few years but have either gone bump or restarted a few times…

some one at work today mentioned them apparently 7-8 quid an hour o/t after 60hrs?? but they will try and get you back before you reach 60■■ and on some contract nights out paid at £25 but you must use secure parking? paid from the 25 quid (haha)…

£24.15 - Sleeper

hence the haha bit in brackets!

it changed when they went blue 8 years ago, i guessed right!!

the one time i rung up about work, a few years ago, i asked about usual start times etc, you could be starting at 00:00 monday morning, i was pretty much put off as i wasn’t really interested at them start times, but asked how much the night rate is? apparently that was a day shift :open_mouth: :open_mouth: o/t was after 50 hours then

Bud143:

kindle530:

when i first noticed them in the 90’s, in the top left corner of their trailers, it said ‘whos tef?’ i thought someone else may know what i was on about or remember! cheers for replying anyway Bud143

stevieboy308:

yorkshire terrier:
anyone know about this firm pay and work they do etc??
completley fed up with our lot time for a change.

who is your lot?

i’ve heard mixed views, the same as any company! they used to do loads out of where i worked when we were busy. some drivers seem to have been there a while and or gone back, so can’t be that bad!

i think grahamzxr off here used to work there.

they have the pinder (print) contract or what’s left of it, i don’t know how it’s been effected since pinders went bust, but some or all has been bought. think they have raflatac (sticky labels) and mccains to name but a few. i’ve only seen them with curtainsiders except when they had at least 1 doing 20 foot boxes that containerships normally bring to presumably pinders, but it’s been a couple of years since i’ve seen them doing that.

i did work for tef last year, went there when i finished from van den bosch, don’t leave a decent job to go there, you will regret it, they tried to insist to run bent a few times, the planner will stab you in the back at every opportunity, i managed to get 3 of my mates on there, 1 got sacked after 5 days and it took him nearly 2 months to get his wage owed, when i left it took 4 weeks to get my final wage, 1 other mate was charged £50 per week to cover the insurance cos he was told because he was under 25 years old the insurance had gone up,not a good company to work for. i do have other stories to tell but not on here, good luck

sounds like give em a wide berth then :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

I would not work for this firm the TM is an idiot
There are the worse firm I have ever worked for
They treat people like s**t the money is £7ph and o/t after 50hrs
Beware that you don’t damage anything as there is a big possibility
you will be charged the company has a high turnover of staff
Also if you leave don’t expect your last wage anytime soon
One day people may smell the roses and all leave as this guy dose not deserve
a transport company so beware.

I love this job it’s living the dream , x

Love the job , the whole team are fantastic , I’ve never had a job like this , love the early starts and love my new truck :slight_smile: its living the dream , ps I just want all early starts x

Ps I love my truck :slight_smile:

kindle530:

Bud143:

kindle530:

when i first noticed them in the 90’s, in the top left corner of their trailers, it said ‘whos tef?’ i thought someone else may know what i was on about or remember! cheers for replying anyway Bud143

whos tef was the name of the race horse that john gill had he ran tef with his dad

Tef have been around for yonks. Used to see them passing through Malton. I understand the phrase ‘Whos Tef’ on the wagons is a reference to a racehorse.

Ahh good to see the TM is on biging up the firm…

Have a look at ND down the road at Normanton. Couple of jobs going and £1hr more than your place.

Stan

Wheel Nut:

dle1uk:

£24.15 - Sleeper

Whom is that rate agreed with?

Vortexringpiece:

Wheel Nut:

dle1uk:

£24.15 - Sleeper

Whom is that rate agreed with?

HMRC

hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/eimanual/EIM66130.htm

hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/eimanual/EIM66110.htm