Teesside local knowledge

Hi everyone, got a 16’ 3" high load from Barny Castle to billingham, also gross weight of 50 T
Movement order gives route as A66 , A19 , A689 , A 1285 and then onto Cowpen lane .
I’ve checked on my map and no low bridges evident but I always trust local knowledge, planners have got it wrong before.
So come on you Teesiders keep me right .
You listening Rikki ?
Thanks in anticipation,
Jim

There is a 16"3 bridge on the 689 just after the a1 going towards wynyard

Just re-read post , don’t understand why you will be going on the 689 if you are going a66 then a19 ? Just follow a19 then turn off at norton junction before 1027 (I think) ? That’s the way I would go , never seen any weak bridges and there is no low bridges that way

a66 at long newton is a low bridge you have to use the slip road or through the old lay by and round the bridge the hato/ mcalpine have the keys not sure of the height

drivergraham:
a66 at long newton is a low bridge you have to use the slip road or through the old lay by and round the bridge the hato/ mcalpine have the keys not sure of the height

Are you sure Graham? It maybe lower than the norm but it’s not marked up, so in my book that makes it at least sixteen foot six.

Yer there is a sign towards Boro with a height marker on it but no sign on bridge not sure if a mistake or what but I know it is there alway been curious about it but I don’t drive over sized only 14’9" containers

Ino there is a bridge on the train road where they have built the new roundabout but I’ve been under there in deckers and no probs , can’t think of 1 at long Newton, I would imagine you will be going a66 down to scotch corner then onto a1 then a66 towards Darlington teesside , follow that all the way towards a19 ?

No height problems on that route, the bridge on the 66 is 17’6 I think, the old road going round is for overheight stuff. going to grunt a bit going up the bank off the 19 though, at 50tonnes.

Smoggie89:
Ino there is a bridge on the train road where they have built the new roundabout but I’ve been under there in deckers and no probs , can’t think of 1 at long Newton, I would imagine you will be going a66 down to scotch corner then onto a1 then a66 towards Darlington teesside , follow that all the way towards a19 ?

Yes Smoggie thats my route, only the last road should reqd A1185 then Marsh road Cowpen lane and Greenwood road
Thanks for all your answers chaps , it will be mid morning thursday when I do it ,
Jim

Yeh u will carry in the a19 to wynyard turn off and come down marsh house ave, I would turn off sooner but if ur nit familiar with area just follow the route , ill give u a flash if I see you lol

Ask Rikki, then when you’ve tipped, you can pop into his gaff for tea and scones.

Ken.

Cheers Smoggie and Quinny, I’ll be in an orange Renault, timber chipper on the back, jaffa cakes or jammie dodgers are good Rikki !
Jim

Haha you will get some funny looks down marsh house ave since the oap got killed yesterday by HGV , I was down there today getting some funny looks

All done and dusted chaps went as per MO route why on earth they sent me that way round who knows .
Came back out A139 out at Norton, A19 south, job done.
Same machine to pick up tomorrow aft. I know which way I’m going !
Thanks to all who helped
Jim

Hi did you see the sign I was on about as I don’t understand it one bit went past again today

drivergraham:
Hi did you see the sign I was on about as I don’t understand it one bit went past again today

Hi Graham, I saw it been here before, it actually says 17’5" on bridge .
Reason being that a lot of really big stuff used to go that way,when Teeside had a lot more heavy industry hence the warning.
Ps Rikki told me that.
Jim

JFC that is the way I was on about going but like I said if you don’t know the area just follow the route card , where is it you are picking up from like

At least I know I didn’t imagine it lol

Smoggie89:
JFC that is the way I was on about going but like I said if you don’t know the area just follow the route card , where is it you are picking up from like

Clugston site on “The Moat” yes that’s the name of the road, past old ICI works over red railway bridge left at ■■■■■ straight on at next one and your there.
Does anything happen at old ICI Smoggie ? Could see lots of ironwork and stuff about.
Jim

Ahh right isn’t that part of belasis or is it classed as Cowpen ? And I’m not sure mate I’ve never heard anything about it lol