Teesside Learners

Hello everyone

Passed my medical and sent off for my provisional. I would like to know peoples experiences of using some of Teessides training companies or some further afield. I know there’s a few up in Newcastle/Gateshead and one recommended in York.

Would like to know the good the bad and the ugly.

Thanks!

Here’s two links provided by one of the Mods, ROG, to start you off

trainingmentor.co.uk/

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 49#p503949

From me:
on Teesside you’ve got Teesside LGV, long established so they must be doing something right, I haven’t used them personally but I can say IME they’re a bit slow to respond to enquiries.
tlgv.co.uk/

I’ve also heard good stuff about Dave Hughes but I have no direct experience
dhdt.co.uk/

The “one in York” is I’m guessing Tockwith, again long established, but when I did my Class 1 with them I had a few beefs (I posted about it sometime in the past if you search for my posts) and I felt they were “trading on their reputation”. Nice truck though, a Volvo, as smooth to drive as a car I thought.

In Gateshead, by way of a disclaimer I should confess a good mate of mine is one of the trainers, but I’d recommend having a look at NEDS on the Team Valley.
nedrivingschool.co.uk/

There’s another one in Gateshead I’ve heard things about which are not so good, but it’s second-hand info not my direct experience, so in fairness to them I won’t repeat it here, not least of all because some of their “not so good” reviews indicate a manner of ‘conflict resolution’ which is ‘less than professional’ , to say the least.

Forgot to mention, you’ll get lots of recommendations for the forum sponsor, PSTT, who has an excellent setup and reputation to match. They do a residential course for no extra cost, but it depends if you want to, and are able to, spend the best part of a week in the Nottingham area. I almost did my Class 1 with them instead of Tockwith, but I have family commitments so it didn’t work for my schedule.
petersmythe.co.uk/

Zac_A:
Here’s two links provided by one of the Mods, ROG, to start you off

trainingmentor.co.uk/

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 49#p503949

From me:
on Teesside you’ve got Teesside LGV, long established so they must be doing something right, I haven’t used them personally but I can say IME they’re a bit slow to respond to enquiries.
tlgv.co.uk/

I’ve also heard good stuff about Dave Hughes but I have no direct experience
dhdt.co.uk/

The “one in York” is I’m guessing Tockwith, again long established, but when I did my Class 1 with them I had a few beefs (I posted about it sometime in the past if you search for my posts) and I felt they were “trading on their reputation”. Nice truck though, a Volvo, as smooth to drive as a car I thought.

In Gateshead, by way of a disclaimer I should confess a good mate of mine is one of the trainers, but I’d recommend having a look at NEDS on the Team Valley.
nedrivingschool.co.uk/

There’s another one in Gateshead I’ve heard things about which are not so good, but it’s second-hand info not my direct experience, so in fairness to them I won’t repeat it here, not least of all because some of their “not so good” reviews indicate a manner of ‘conflict resolution’ which is ‘less than professional’ , to say the least.

Thanks for the info!!!

I just passed my Class 2 with Teesside LGV on monday. my trainer Dave was brilliant. i did two full days and test the next day with 1 hour driving before the test. you dont have to do two full days you can split it into 4 half days.

Jacobaz:
I just passed my Class 2 with Teesside LGV on monday

PASSING C.jpg
LPLATE.jpg
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

Jacobaz:
I just passed my Class 2 with Teesside LGV on monday. my trainer Dave was brilliant. i did two full days and test the next day with 1 hour driving before the test. you dont have to do two full days you can split it into 4 half days.

Well done mate!

Has anyone had any experience with Twinway near Ferryhill Co Durham?
Their prices seem VERY reasonable which is a bit of a ref flag but a lot of reviews all seem to make them seem ok and so far they seem good to deal with.
Any opinions great fully received

I haven’t heard anything bad about them, if that helps.
There’s a certain Wearside outfit who put drivers (lacking acquired rights) through their driving test but fail to ensure they know about completing their Mod2 and Mod4 before applying for work :open_mouth:

Zac_A:
I haven’t heard anything bad about them, if that helps.

Yeah cheers bud.
Bad news usually travels faster than good imo !