Tees valley flyover 44T MGW

Just a heads up for those over 44 tonne , there is a emergency 44 tonne GVW weight limit in Tees Viaduct (A19 at Portrack) you cannot use Newport Bridge either so heading North on the 19 your only option at the moment is to come off the 19 at the A66 follow that all the way to the A1 (M) and u turn at Barton up to the A689( at this time you cannot go on the A66 all the way to the A1 on the north side of Darlington) and the reverse Southbound ,

Or if your already heading North, go straight up the A1 at Dishforth.

Ken.

Quinny:
Or if your already heading North, go straight up the A1 at Dishforth.

Ken.

correct if your routed that way, if your routed A19 then the Dishforth to Barton stretch your off route, daft I know

I did a drop in Middlesbrough & one in Stockton the other day & was wondering about these signs as couldn’t remember them in past , emergency repairs clears it up

Can you not use Stockton Riverside/Portrack lane?

Can you not use Stockton Riverside/Portrack lane?

Depends what the overbridge over the A66 is rated at the Thornaby end. This is for abnormal loads, remember, so ESDAL may not allow you to route that way.

Lucy:
Depends what the overbridge over the A66 is rated at the Thornaby end. This is for abnormal loads, remember, so ESDAL may not allow you to route that way.

Since Rikki suggested the A66 to the A1 then the bridge at Thornaby must be OK. Just depends on restrictions going through Stockton.
Considering the abnormal loads that used to move around that area with Sunters then Econofreight servicing the chemical plants it seems strange that an approved diversion would now take you so far around.

I mean the one at the Bowesfield junction which you would use to rejoin the A66…

Lucy:
I mean the one at the Bowesfield junction which you would use to rejoin the A66…

Go to the next junction at Preston Farm then come back?

You might have to.