Tea van lady gets the Army in to move us on

This is not made up,i got talking to her,and asked about parking overnight on HER road,that she owns,she gets the man in the TA centre to stop trucks parking on her patch,there are no parking restrictions for any size of vehicle.
I then said how about the foreign trucker when he/she needs to park up to tip at the new hospital that is being built,she motions and points to her butty van when she pulls in to park it,and the driver has to move on,i told her that he/she cant due to the tacho,her answer is the foreign firms manager would know that the driver cant park there before they get there.

So what can the TA guy do? A polite word sorry tacho and if they persist doors locked curtains shut. Simple as

lets get this streight the tea vans rent a pitch they do not own it they have no right what so ever to even ask you to move UNLESS the pitch is marked out even then they have to let you move when your ready
if they keep on at you to move ring the council up and compalin if they get enough complaints they will revoke the pitch licence

Sorry, you lost me after the first 5 words!

Oh a part time squaddie trying to move you on… scary!!!
Seriously, these butty vans rent a pitch, they don’t own the road, bugger all they can do.

Another class cider fueled post. Keep em coming Toby!

If it really is her road, just dig some big holes in it when she isn’t looking. The cost of getting them repaired will force her to up pitch and move on. Problem solved.

used to be one in a layby near full suton estate, signs on lamposts saying hot food available in layby, just before these signs was another sign saying salmonella available in layby, funnily enough not seen the butty van for a while…

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74606

Muckaway:
Tea Van Man Gets Arsey - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

Was just thinking the story looked familiar

I think toby has been hat the eggnog early. :smiley:

chris_g:
lets get this streight the tea vans rent a pitch they do not own it they have no right what so ever to even ask you to move UNLESS the pitch is marked out even then they have to let you move when your ready
if they keep on at you to move ring the council up and compalin if they get enough complaints they will revoke the pitch licence

The council dont rent them a pitch, they only licence them to trade, in any layby that does not have trading restrictions.

where does all this happen

Bless. Toby’s carer obviously did’nt lock all the alchol away :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

toby1234abc:
This is made up,i got talking to her,and asked about parking overnight on HER road,that she owns,she gets the man in the TA centre to stop trucks parking on her patch,there are no parking restrictions for any size of vehicle.
I then said how about the foreign trucker when he/she needs to park up to tip at the new hospital that is being built,she motions and points to her butty van when she pulls in to park it,and the driver has to move on,i told her that he/she cant due to the tacho,her answer is the foreign firms manager would know that the driver cant park there before they get there.

Fixed that for ya.

No locations either. :unamused:

DadsRetired:

toby1234abc:
This is made up,i got talking to her,and asked about parking overnight on HER road,that she owns,she gets the man in the TA centre to stop trucks parking on her patch,there are no parking restrictions for any size of vehicle.

Fixed that for ya.

^^^^^ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ^^^^^

Gunner Til I Die:

DadsRetired:

toby1234abc:

Fixed that for ya.

^^^^^ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ^^^^^

yeah no location’s mentioned but it could be related to the other post he put up about the hospital that is being built inthe other thread.

I would LOVE some greasy ■■■■■■ from a nutty van to tell me to move! I would use it as a perfect outlet for pent up fury…all barrels blazing!

I’ve had some bloke from a butty van telling me to bugger off because I was taking up space in HIS layby and he was losing business. I got out told him to FO, got back in the cab and decided to have another 30 minutes. :smiling_imp:

The fat tea van boss is off Dorian rd,by the new hospital in Bristol.