Tdg.....ag industries

D oes anybody know if the ODs at Ag.industries are better off now they are being organised by TDG

Hi everyone first post on here…

At least 110% worse! Crap rates and TDG couldn’t organise a p*** up in a brewery.

Will matters improve now that Norbert Dentressangle has bought TDG?

dont bother doing anything for them any more.
Not to say it was any good before TDG took over, dont know how owner drivers make it pay,ie hulland ward.

when tdg took over the corus job it was better for small operators as they paid everyone the same rate so the man with 2 trucks gets the same as the likes of prestons, which was never the case before

that may well be the case but the larger outfits seem to do the work for a low rate to start with!,just to get the volume of work.
Over the last 18 months 2 years ive seen local firms cut the rates over and over,then they moan wont be long before they’re doin it for nowt !

Moose:
that may well be the case but the larger outfits seem to do the work for a low rate to start with!,just to get the volume of work.
Over the last 18 months 2 years ive seen local firms cut the rates over and over,then they moan wont be long before they’re doin it for nowt !

I`ve always worked on the basis, that if the load is worth “not a lot”, the haulage rate will not be far behind :unamused:

Just look how much it costs to buy slabs ect., all that weight, all that strain, all that effort, for very little… :open_mouth:

good point there, slabs and other concrete products arnt high value loads,
If you are daft enough to work for ai /tdg from say hulland ward expect a backload rate for outbound load,lots of waiting and rules rules…and the age old problem of long standing hauliers rate cutting! to try and keep what crap work they have.
i now move higher value loads 5/6 months of the year and leave the truck parked up rather than wear it out for nowt.

Moose:
good point there, slabs and other concrete products arnt high value loads,
If you are daft enough to work for ai /tdg from say hulland ward expect a backload rate for outbound load,lots of waiting and rules rules…and the age old problem of long standing hauliers rate cutting! to try and keep what crap work they have.
i now move higher value loads 5/6 months of the year and leave the truck parked up rather than wear it out for nowt.

Yeh, it was VERY strict H+S wise about 6 years ago, so, god knows what its like now, as TDG are/were known for being over the top with their rules and regulations, rigger boots were a no no, last time I was in there, its because you can trap hot tar inside the boot, I was told.

The point being, thats why you wear rigger boots, so you can get them off PDQ [or so im told], and, why we are at it, where, on the Hulland Products site, would I encounter HOT BLOODY TAR, I asked…“Err, you won`t chap, but, its A.G. Policy” I was told FFS :blush:

I worked out that site for a good few years recently and the BS is beyond a joke, if you were making good money then ok but thats now not the case.
Did just over a year on contract to tarmac on blocks and that’s as bad! away most of the week lots of BS for sod all profit

gb1:
Will matters improve now that Norbert Dentressangle has bought TDG?

I return to my question.
What I can see happening is ND’s using the work to keep their non-UK based trucks busy until they find loads back to their foreign bases. That
obviously won’t do the UK haulage industry any favours.

TBH you may well be right i can remember when tdg took AI work thy said “no sub contractor should be able to earn that amount in a day”…
So is a lot of the work worth doing anyway?
Dont know about you but i dont get less wear and tear on a backload.
If the rates crap go home and let some other numpty do it.

Well I am disapointed I would have thought it would be better as it was being organised, even allowing for them both to take a little more proffit.I dont think it will ever be as good as it was not until large numbers pack in , then they will miss the owner driver because they have forgot how expensive a fleet of tippers on construction cost to keep running, not to mention the fact that construction is mostley five and a half days a week and 7 am to 4 pm.

Always seemed like hard work for little return to me. Any job where too many people know about it = crap rates.