Taxing of vehicles

I was wondering how people tend to tax their fleet. I dont have a company credit card so other than marching off to the post office there is no other option. Is this the correct thinking??

Spacemonkeypg:
I was wondering how people tend to tax their fleet. I dont have a company credit card so other than marching off to the post office there is no other option. Is this the correct thinking??

Cheques are still acceptable at the PO or DVLA. I don’t think credit cards are, except online for cars, but they charge you extra

online with the company debit card, no fee, unlike the credit card

online with a card or post a cheque to the DVLA local office

i have no debit card (company) either!

So if i post the tax reminder plus cheque to the local DVLA office that should be sufficient?

Spacemonkeypg:

So if i post the tax reminder plus cheque to the local DVLA office that should be sufficient?

yes, although you might need the test and insurance certificates too :wink:

Denis F:

Spacemonkeypg:

yes, although you might need the test and insurance certificates too :wink:

you will need the current MoT certificate, valid insurance certificate, plating certificate the correct form and the payment

and how do you have a business account without having a valid bank debit card?

shuttlespanker:

You won’t be able to tax your vehicle online if it has an RPC ( Reduced pollution certificate) I’ve tried on a few occasions.Unlike your insurance and plating certificate they don’t seem to be ale to check it electronically

Welshman:

shuttlespanker:

You won’t be able to tax your vehicle online if it has an RPC ( Reduced pollution certificate) I’ve tried on a few occasions.Unlike your insurance and plating certificate they don’t seem to be ale to check it electronically

The Post Office don’t seem to understand RPCs either - I’ve always had to go to the local DVLA office.