Tax Savings

Got a call from Uniform Tax Credit
Seems a Company who knows me,knows exactly the Amount i saved last Year. (Got that Amount but believed it was from Pertemps).
Number is 01792720114.
Phoned up and she said i can,even when employed and in Company Uniform gettin Tax retourn for
buying Clothes i need for Work
Laundry for Uniform and Working Clothes (even Shoe Polish !)
Tools i need for Work ( :question: Satnav :question: )

Anywhy.
Does have anyone Experiance with them, and, wot can i actually claim back as employee?

Thanx

Anyone cold calling you is far more likely to be doing it for their own benefit than yours.

If it is legitimate, it is probably something you can do simply and easily for yourself. You don’t need these people helping you with tax forms, PPI claims or anything else.

If you have claimable expenses (mileage to/from temporary work depots, work clothes and safety equipment etc) then you can fill in a form P87 online:

gov.uk/government/publicati … oyment-p87

Do it yourself and keep every penny. Avoid the sharks and con men.

(incidentally, do a Google search on the phone number and there are an overwhelming number of negative comments about the company being a telemarketer and/or phishing scam)

I hear they pay little tax in countries like Bulgaria, Slowakia, Romenia…

They are bogus. Just another bunch of “Try it on” small-time crooks masquerading as accountants. Since accountants are actively employed in evading taxes for third parties for financial award, it’s worth pointing out that by my own definition - they are ALL crooks. Because I’m not a high court judge however, my opinion is merely that. Not a claim carrying official weight. To that effect, it means nothing. It also does not constitute a personal attack nor anything libelous. :grimacing:

If you care to check your current tax paperwork - you may well find that you’ve been allocated a “uniform annual allowance” of around £80 already. :wink:

If someone tricks you into claiming it twice, charges you a commission for the privilege, and covers up that charge by deducting it from the “benefit” they “gained” for you - guess who gets a bill for back taxes from HMRC, also concealed in that it’s deducted from NEXT year’s tax code? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

This is the BIG problem with agencies . you give them all personal details and have no control over what they do with it

If u only worked at pertemps id ask them who they have shared info with .

I did a weeks work for an agency and have been plagued by calls , emails and texts ever since . i swear they sold my details on but how do i prove it .

Incidently i worked for pertemps for a long time and always thought they the good guys . but i was PAYE and i think if you work for their umbrella company they use an outside organisation to administer so you have already given them permission to share your personal data

No i worked for Paye at RM but you right.
As i now work employed and get everything from Boot to Jacked its not much i could claim anywhy.
Think i scrap it.
thanx for that

Yes you can claim tax back for cleaning uniform but the amount you can claim,think it’s about £60 a year is it really worth the effort??,.Have a look at Martin Lewis money’saver website it’s all on there.

Id be alot more concerned about HOW they got your phone number than anything else .

Have they got your national insurance number too ■■

They know yr name , possibly address , possibly driving licence number …

Next step is identity theft

boredwivdrivin:
Id be alot more concerned about HOW they got your phone number than anything else .

Have they got your national insurance number too ■■

They know yr name , possibly address , possibly driving licence number …

Next step is identity theft

Good god, not another one of him around… :open_mouth:

Better to have another ‘immigrant’ than the other mugs and arse liçkers on here .

He takes the ■■■■ thrown at him with good grace , isnt arrogant , doesnt seem to hate the english and has a embryonic sense of humour .

Lets hope he regains control of his personal data .

I currently claim back £80 a year for cleaning Company branded clothing. Was pretty easy to do.
After just paying 85 quid for my 45yr old medical I will see if that’s claimable as well. F##k it they’re quick too take off you.

If they have got information about you that only Pertemps could know (your initial post is a bit unclear) then you should ask Pertemps how a telemarketing company has obtained that information.

It suggests either they have a data leak somewhere, or they have passed your information on to a third party without your consent, and for a purpose that you did not agree to. In either case it is a matter you can report to the Information Commissioner’s Office. They are the people who are responsible for policing the Data Protection Act 1998 in the UK.

ORC:
If they have got information about you that only Pertemps could know (your initial post is a bit unclear) then you should ask Pertemps how a telemarketing company has obtained that information.

It suggests either they have a data leak somewhere, or they have passed your information on to a third party without your consent, and for a purpose that you did not agree to. In either case it is a matter you can report to the Information Commissioner’s Office. They are the people who are responsible for policing the Data Protection Act 1998 in the UK.

Probably because pertemps are ■■■■■■■■■■ In my experience. (The manager at the one we went to is the missus’s cousin, he wouldn’t help us at all :imp:, then again we were 18, spotty, and unhireable :laughing:)