Tax Rebate

Hi guys,

A thought popped into my head this morning, but thought I would seek the help of the ever helpful members of this forum to clarify.

A few years ago I had a conversation with a guy who worked for a large multinational technology company based in the Republic of Ireland. He travelled all around the world training staff in other countries. I recall him mentioning something about being able to claim all his tax back as he spent most of his time out of the country. He had mentioned something about 90 days of the year, but can’t remember if that was out of the country, or in the country.

Anyone able to shed more light on this matter - can it be done, and if so how?

I’m just interested because I’ve recently been offered a job for a haulage firm based in the UK, but I’d be working in Ireland mon - fri, then travelling back to the UK.

If its a UK firm you’ll be paying tax here.
I think you are referring to non domecile tax which applies to where you live. As you’ll still reside in the UK then you’ll have to pay up like everyone else.

Thanks for the clarification, I expected as much. If it was true I know anyone doing continental work would surely be benefitting from it. Probably just another example of Irelands relaxed approach to corporate tax! :slight_smile:

we used to be able to claim tax back for being out of the country for x amount of time spent abroad, but alas it has since been abolished.