Tax disc advice

Was away tramping and came back to find a Ticket on my windscreen, says I wasn`t showing an excise license.
The holder failed while I was away and the disc fell down a bit behind the tinted bit of window.
£100 fine for this.

Got to go to court to appeal so a day off work.
Is it worth appealing or does no reason matter to these people.

if it is the tax disc shown in the pic, then i would seriously not appeal, it expired at the end of July :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

lol the proper one must be further down.
oh well.
It wasn`t parked on the road, does that help me. lol

Depends what you mean by it wasn’t parked on the road. If you mean you’d put it up on the pavement out the way it’s still on a public highway.
If you parked it in a private compound or a works car park on private land then they can’t fine you.

m1cks:
Depends what you mean by it wasn’t parked on the road. If you mean you’d put it up on the pavement out the way it’s still on a public highway.
If you parked it in a private compound or a works car park on private land then they can’t fine you.

If you are parked on private land owned by the council it is not private.

it is an offence to not show a valid excise licence it is also an offence to show an outdate one.

being a bit finicky but why did you not erm use some tape to tape it up if you knew it was like that would of saved your delf 99 quid by going to poundland or any other other £1 shop!

Just ■■■■ it up and pay the fine!

aranger:
oh well.

No ,unless you have a current S.O.R.N. then any vehicle liable for road tax should display a valid tax disc even if it is parked off rd or in a garage .'fraid your a £100 lighter

martyh:

aranger:
oh well.

No ,unless you have a current S.O.R.N. then any vehicle liable for road tax should display a valid tax disc even if it is parked off rd or in a garage .'fraid your a £100 lighter

If it is actualy taxed, lol, you can try sending them a letter explaining what had happened to the disc, they do quash these fines ocasionaly, if they believe your “story” lol.

I think you may still get done for failing to display even if it is taxed, I may be wrong.

On the same but slightly different subject, we’ve got 4 trailers that I’m assured are all MOT’d but are not showing the current discs (2 are showing July 13)

I’m being given the “oh the correct disc must be in the office” or “the garage are supposed to put it on before they release it back to us”

WTF ! I’m pretty sure VOSA will accept those explanations (NOT)

So heads up chaps & chap’ess’s, check your trailer MOT discs, even in the dark & in the wet.

put one in the glove box of a van once years back it was still in there when I renewed it the following year…

You say it wasn`t parked on a road, where was it parked, on private land or a public car park. I would appeal the fine anyhow, computer records will show that the vehicle was taxed,so this is basically the work of a real jobsworth.

martinviking:
On the same but slightly different subject, we’ve got 4 trailers that I’m assured are all MOT’d but are not showing the current discs (2 are showing July 13)

I’m being given the “oh the correct disc must be in the office” or “the garage are supposed to put it on before they release it back to us”

WTF ! I’m pretty sure VOSA will accept those explanations (NOT)

So heads up chaps & chap’ess’s, check your trailer MOT discs, even in the dark & in the wet.

Big difference is, you as the driver wont get done for non display of MOT disc, like you as a driver wont get done for non display of tax disc on your truck

If you were parked on private land (not council, highway etc) you may have a case if the vehicle is taxed. I would take photos and appeal. Good Luck

Who fined you?

I had the same thing with an operators licence. Apart from me and the vosa man trying to get the heater vents off, nothing more was done, he knew the lorry had an o licence, it was just missing out of the screen. It was quite fun on the day as they were targeting Ford transits with scrap metal dealers, one bloke was 4 tonne overweight :open_mouth:

Was parked on a grass verge.
I gave my car to my cousin before I left, her kid was obviously messing about and pulled it off, fine it is then.

aranger:
I gave my car to my cousin before I left, her kid was obviously messing about and pulled it off, fine it is then.

I hope there was some insurance covering her use of the car…

aranger:

If it was on display, then make ur cousin pay least she can do and slap her kid!!!

If you do end up paying it just don’t pay the TV licence next year to recoup the losses.