Tax credits u bunch of t--------s

Just got home another week away living in a tin box away from my wife and 4 young kids to be given a letter from the tax credits office saying that they have overpaid me and i have to pay x amount back great :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:
ive tried in vain to work out how this poxy system works my wife works part time i usually work 48/60 hrs a week 4 nights out yes we do struggle but get buy like i suppose a lot of people do but getting this letter just is another kick in the teeth
to being a working man in this country with a family i quess ill ring them in morn hopefully i wont loose it and rant on about all the immigrants getting houses bla bla bla people on sick getting brand new cars but hay whos the fool :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tax Office checked me out a few Month ago and i got a Cheque,because i paid too much tax.

Immigrant:
Tax Office checked me out a few Month ago and i got a Cheque,because i paid too much tax.

That sounds like a tax rebate, but that isn’t what’s being discussed here.

Tax credits are completely different. :wink:

swansea jack:
Just got home another week away living in a tin box away from my wife and 4 young kids to be given a letter from the tax credits office saying that they have overpaid me and i have to pay x amount back great :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:
ive tried in vain to work out how this poxy system works my wife works part time i usually work 48/60 hrs a week 4 nights out yes we do struggle but get buy like i suppose a lot of people do but getting this letter just is another kick in the teeth
to being a working man in this country with a family i quess ill ring them in morn hopefully i wont loose it and rant on about all the immigrants getting houses bla bla bla people on sick getting brand new cars but hay whos the fool :cry: :cry: :cry:

sounds a bit like back a few years ago me and my wife got taken to court by inland revenue, we too were struggling like hell, but they demanded payment back due to overpayment of family tax credit, anyway we were so hacked off with the whole thing that we thought well take us to court then. In the meantime they sent one of their croonies to hassle us at home, he even had the nerve to say to us in front of our children that “well dont bother going to court cause you’ll loose!” that just made us more determined to follow it through. When we got to court we went there in our dirty filthy work gear and high vis jackets and coal ridden boots, you should have seen their faces it was worth it. The solicitor they sent didnt have a clue what she was doing and she wasnt even given the paperwork for the case. The judge tore a few strips off her, then she asked for an adjurnement to gather more evidence. Well the judge looked at her over the rim of his glasses and said after 4 years this is not good enough blah blah blah. In the end the case was struck off and we were rewarded £50 to cover our fuel and lost hours at work. :laughing: Well just goes to show that their not always right and they do make mistakes, so make sure you check your paperwork, as their probably wrong!! good luck dont let them bully you.

swansea jack:

If you hadnt indulged yourselves by having more children than you could afford to support in the first place, the taxpayer wouldnt be having to give you charity in order to provide them with what you cant provide

What right of it is yours, how many kids people have? FFS. The man works a ■■■■■■ load of hours. He’s hardly scrounging is he? :unamused:

bigvern1:
What right of it is yours, how many kids people have? FFS. :unamused:

He can have fifty as long as I dont have to pay for their upkeep

oldsid:

bigvern1:

Nice.

oldsid:
If you hadnt indulged yourselves by having more children than you could afford to support in the first place, the taxpayer wouldnt be having to give you charity in order to provide them with what you cant provide

Err, but both he and his wife are taxpayers?

Would probably be financially better off on the rock n roll, so hats off to them for working in my opinion.

oldsid:

bigvern1:

put you spade down and stop digging … :unamused:

just saying …

bigvern1:

oldsid:

bigvern1:

Nice.

As it happens I am a very generous person but I choose my charities, its a matter of responsibility. I have on more than one occasion given my last, but I dont winge about it. It just seems a p…take to winge when you hold your hand out and dont get something as a result of selfindulgence

bowser:

oldsid:

bigvern1:

just saying …

Something contstructive may be of more use

just saying

Harry Monk:

oldsid:

But they rely on other peoples contribution, I honestly cant believe you thought about that before writing that obtuse statement

oldsid:

bowser:

oldsid:

bigvern1:

just saying …

just saying

ok why dont you shut the ■■■■ up before it ends in tears ?

they are both entitled to the tax credits because they both pay into it , is that ok ?

Harry Monk:

oldsid:

Yes, this is ■■■■■■■■. Oldsid has obviously forgotten the time when you paid LESS tax as the family started increasing. Nowadays you have to claim tax credits instead. Also, couples would get married at a certain time of year in order to claim a tax refund.

swansea jack:

Keep your cool and fight them, it is their mistake. Make them aware that you need the money and that paying back any amount will impose hardship on your family. Go and get advice from CAB or law centre. HMRC have got such a bad reputation now that they are unlikely to win a court case, they are supposed to be the experts so these errors should not happen.

Try http://www.litrg.org.ukthey have some useful advice on their site.

bowser:

oldsid:

bowser:

oldsid:

bigvern1:

just saying …

just saying

ok why dont you shut the [zb] up before it ends in tears ?

they are both entitled to the tax credits because they both pay into it , is that ok ?

Thats better! It seems they were getting it but were prepared to accept more than they were entitled to and when asked to repay it spit the dummy out

axletramp:

Harry Monk:

oldsid:

Yes, this is ■■■■■■■■. Oldsid has obviously forgotten the time when you paid LESS tax as the family started increasing. Nowadays you have to claim tax credits instead. Also, couples would get married at a certain time of year in order to claim a tax refund.

Why should you pay less tax to support an indulgence, its like saying an alchoholic should pay less tax as they have to support a drink habit

as Waddy said further up the thread, try getting in touch with the CAB

citizensadvice.org.uk/

and if your username is a clue to your location try citizensadvice.org.uk/index/ … ber=100946