Tarmacing

Just answered an ad on the job centre web site. The chap I spoke to was your typical stereo-type(won’t use a particular word coz I know I will get told off) ‘traveller’. Wants a C+E driver £90 a day cash in hand tarmacing in Berlin, thats with digs paid! I know there called travellers but didn’t know they got that far a field!!! 6 Days a week £540 to take home digs included! Not a bad wage but how long before you felt the long arm of the Germann Police?

quite often see “travellers” in the services along the corridor belgium holland into germany.
they even buy diesel :open_mouth: :open_mouth: albeit with wads of cash, no cards or receipts
your typical transits or ford cargos with motorway maintenance written on them so they are moving further afield

Hang on, before you go jumping in and swanning of to Berlin to earn your fortune, you may want to do some research.

A while ago there was quite a thread on here regarding a chap who was going to drive tippers for a bunch of “do as you like`ees” down in Milan. I cant remember this chaps user name though i guarantee that some else will. Anyway, long story short, he ended up driving what was presumed to be a stolen tipper, in convoy with some other stolen vehicles down to Milan. The head honcho kept this blokes passport and some money I think, any way, it all ended in tears with ,“allegedly”, guns being mentioned and threats to the general well being of the person involved.

Overall, a very nasty and unpleasant situation to be in, especially miles away from home, in a foreign land.

Someone will remember this blokes user name then you can use the search button and make your own mind up, the rule being, be careful who you get into bed with as sometimes the bed bugs bite!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing:

I can remember being approached by some of the do what you likeee’es lol, at a autohof in the fatherland , they where driving tippers and 4x4’s they wanted to buy the merc sprinter i was driving ,even offered to take it without the ignition key, so i could pretend it had been stolen whilst i was in the restaurant ,the vehicle they were driving appeared to have uk registration plates,but the yellow one was at the front and white on the back■■?
can’t remember what he offered us, i think several thousand, but it would of been nowhere near it’s value.
we refused they drove off after continuing to try and persuade us to sell it,lol
but i do wonder how many drivers would sell their company van truck?

The guy was called Patrick,and was sending some trucks to Milan,there was a long post about it.

toby1234abc:
The guy was called Patrick,and was sending some trucks to Milan,there was a long post about it.

The driver was called Liam

Having seen these blokes working in the old DDR just after the wall came down I wouldn’t guarantee their work or word.

But if you can get an answer as to if he will pay the fines in Germany, it may be safer out of VOSA reach!