Tarmac tippers

That is a very early Trader , noticed the bracket on the bumper for the starting handle .

On Preston Bus Station concourse today:
Volvo FM 450 - RJS Haulage - (YJ65UKA):

Paul I had a thought that gto961v might have been used by tarmac agricultural services on lime spreading duties possibly driven by Jimmy Knight perhaps Nige Wood might know his father being the salesman there.istr they had five or six of the same lorry at the time

phop:
Paul I had a thought that gto961v might have been used by tarmac agricultural services on lime spreading duties possibly driven by Jimmy Knight perhaps Nige Wood might know his father being the salesman there.istr they had five or six of the same lorry at the time

Thanks Phop for the reply,only just seen it today.Tarmac had GTO 953V to GTO 958V at the yard on Rotherham Road,Maltby after the takeover of Butlers in 1979,all Foden 8 wheelers not sure if they all had the RR265 in them.

Hi Paul must have been just after the take over remember travelling up with father and various owner drivers to work out of maltby. Istr a job up round sherburn in elmet, the contractor was A Monk could it have been a railway job?

I did hear some of the drivers mention a railway job,can’t remember where though.This shot was on a railway job,not very good pic though.
img058.jpg

That would be the Selby diversion when they diverted the East Coast Main Line. The Selby coal field was just being developed early eighties and there was an issue that the original line would be effected by subsidence. So they moved it around,as you know the Selby coal field is now long gone. Paul your Dad ran on that for a good while as you know,and we had gone a bit quiet at M.Peak so some of the O/Ds volunteered to run out of Maltby to ease the work load. Did they have a Transit to travel up to Maltby and back every day, my memories not what it was. :frowning: Mike.

seen this one at Llandudno Sunday very smart

In Preston yesterday:

Hi mike hope you’re keeping well istr it was a badford cf mini bus didn’t supermac drive it, it’s a long time ago grey matter wearing away

phop:
Hi mike hope you’re keeping well istr it was a badford cf mini bus didn’t supermac drive it, it’s a long time ago grey matter wearing away

Hello Paul. Yes all fine at the moment thanks. Yes a driver had to be nominated for the minibus and David would certainly get them there on time. I find photos and other people’s input are brilliant at bringing memories back but it’s a constant battle with that old brain.But hey live for the present and enjoy because they are the memories for your future. Mick. :slight_smile:

Nice pics Gary. Can you upload the link to the YT video? Thanks in advance :smiley:

Today in Liverpool:

Scania P410 - (PO65VHH) - H O Hughes:

Scania R500 - (C3BLM) - BL & CA Marshall:

(Thank you to both Drivers)

Saw this n thought of you B D cheers Coomsey

Yesterday ……
Renault - (PN67LWL) - Gerrard’s of Swinton:

ZZ  PN67LWL.JPG

(thank you driver)

Have we had this one BD?

Stanfield:
Have we had this one BD?

Yes John, you posted it on the previous page and I replied to it! It’s an ‘age thing’ thee knows lad! :laughing:

Pete.