Tarmac tippers

Dan Punchard:
Are they Tarmac letter T s on the end of the lower cabin or is it an air con unit ?

Spot on mate. The original ‘seven Ts’ logo. It’s been on there since the late 80s, maybe before. Remember seeing it back then and it’s still good to see its still there! :sunglasses:

Have I won a prize BD? I did take a load in there once think it was crash barriers.

BonkeyDollocks:

Dan Punchard:
Are they Tarmac letter T s on the end of the lower cabin or is it an air con unit ?

Spot on mate. The original ‘seven Ts’ logo. It’s been on there since the late 80s, maybe before. Remember seeing it back then and it’s still good to see its still there! :sunglasses:

Possibly it will be there for ever, can’t imagine anyone in their right mind wanting it! :wink:

Pete.

image.jpg

Hahaha! That’s brilliant Dan. I can remember going to the weigh bridge at MP but there were bars up to the window and a padlock on the door. No chance of getting in so you did better than me. :wink:

I got some stuff from the small garage that was situated behind the old lab. I’ll post pics of them later. Old tickets from the 70s. I bet there were mountains of old nostalgic Tarmac and Derbyshire Stone related stuff chucked out. :frowning:

Bet you have got this one Bonkey havent you,but no harm showing it again.

that will be one of hillhead quarries fodens repainted in tarmac colours . the bodies were very distinctive with the downward slope the the rear end .

As promised, here’s the tickets I salvaged from a disused garage at Middle Peak quarry a few years back.

Middle Peak in the mid 70s.

URL=http://s253.photobucket.com/user/BonkeyDollocks/media/image_zpsdf22b341.jpg.html][/URL]

Middle peak coating plant in Derbyshire Stone days.

Wet mix plant at Middle Peak.

Great stuff Db ,brings memory’s of the school trip there.

Some of those names bring back memories (W H Phillips, Ray Bacon, Norman Thorpe, Rawsons )…and the redirections!!! :angry: I once took a load of black to GEC at Rugby one afternoon, and then got redirected to Biddulph Moor as they didn’t want it. Yet another late finish. :unamused: I only went to Middle Peak once and that was to take a load of tarmac from Ballidon to the bagging plant, the actual quarry had closed long before.

Pete.

DAF 2300 Tarmac.jpg

Arthur Taylor’s to the left BDA356H Joe Rees to the right CDA23H

Line up at Waterswallows 1975.

Bill Cox at Waterswallows 1976

Jim Roger’s Routeman towed in to Hazelcroft 1977

Ladybower 1976

Wigan 1980. Under the owner driver scheme

hi all ,
from our delivered load today at charlton se7

image.jpg

i want 1 !!! :laughing: lol

Bayston hill lorry PII NNK Dave pinks lorry sold to his former ddriver Dave Morris is now owned by me Reg DX55UJW

hi all
a few pictures from yesterday ,of tarmac la farge delivering base and wearing course to us at woolwich ,plumstead road se18