Tarmac madness?

Bardon are just as bad, before today our 8 wheeler has been sent out with 3 tonnes on it as it was the left over from a big order. Glad our contract means we get paid a full load whatever :smiley:

dew:
Bardon are just as bad, before today our 8 wheeler has been sent out with 3 tonnes on it as it was the left over from a big order. Glad our contract means we get paid a full load whatever :smiley:

Bardons’ have started paying now, have they? :laughing:

d4c24a:

Muckaway:
. Downside is you need a loader/tractor with a small enough bucket so the material wont spill into the next compartment. Most quarries wont let you get into the back to sort a load anyway.

a good operator can load with a normal bucket ,you just use one side :wink:
but then you don,t very often load tarmac from a shovel , it comes from a hopper and its easy

options utility’s have a few 4 wheelers with a midway gate in them

At last, a shovel driver who knows how to use the sides of his bucket to place material where it’s needed in the vehicle. Sadly “good” shovel drivers are outnumbered by the donkeys on most of them who believe they’re the mutts nuts.
Good for you d4c24a :slight_smile:

BB

Basilbrush:

d4c24a:

Muckaway:
. Downside is you need a loader/tractor with a small enough bucket so the material wont spill into the next compartment. Most quarries wont let you get into the back to sort a load anyway.

a good operator can load with a normal bucket ,you just use one side :wink:
but then you don,t very often load tarmac from a shovel , it comes from a hopper and its easy

options utility’s have a few 4 wheelers with a midway gate in them

At last, a shovel driver who knows how to use the sides of his bucket to place material where it’s needed in the vehicle. Sadly “good” shovel drivers are outnumbered by the donkeys on most of them who believe they’re the mutts nuts.

BB

You’ve met “Happy Steve” at Gill Mill then BB :laughing:

Muckaway:

dew:

Bardons’ have started paying now, have they? :laughing:

Contracted Hauliers have never been missed a payment yet (Last year or the one before), some of the none painted Subbies didn’t get full pay though. I guess they realised if all their painted trucks walked out, then no-one would go in!

Basilbrush:

BB

when i first started to drive machines , i worked for a “proper” irish civil engineering firm
and soon learnt that 8 wheelers had to be loaded quickly and properly otherwise i could start to walk home :laughing:
MF50h 2wd :frowning: back ,front , middle done and on their way ,surprised many a driver when they stood on the step to see what the load looked like :smiley:
thanks for the comment :blush:

d4c24a:
when i first started to drive machines , i worked for a “proper” irish civil engineering firm
and soon learnt that 8 wheelers had to be loaded quickly and properly otherwise i could start to walk home :laughing:
MF50h 2wd :frowning: back ,front , middle done and on their way ,surprised many a driver when they stood on the step to see what the load looked like :smiley:
thanks for the comment :blush:

When I had to load muck lorries with shingle (lower sides, no overloading) I used to fill the back end up then the front and spread the rest evenly; I found if you load back, front, back, front etc the material heaped up quicker… Before weighloaders on our tippers if I ever loaded myself I did exactly this to make it look fuller than it was. :wink:
Never got to drive an MF of any kind (not even at CITB college) but did drive one of those Ford things (H reg I think); what a bloody abortion that was. I didn’t rate JCBs either, preffered cat 428C and Case 580 (L series I think, it was a new machine in '98)