Tar on durabrites

I’ve noticed that my durabrites have started to get tar spots on them. Knowing that you’ve got to be careful with them to avoid damaging the “special” coating what is the best stuff for removing tar?.

Cheers
Neilf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mer Polish

WD 40.

Alclean

It is the chemical for cleaning the alloy wheels, when durabrites first came out, they said not to use it, but it has now been tested and is good to use on them

I used it on mine with no problems :slight_smile:

Sugar Ray:
WD 40.

+1,
or butter believe it or not… that’s what my gran used, to get it off me when i was a little trucker.

I deliver Bitumen and have found Mr Sheen disolves tar quite nicely. Not sure if I would use it on hot wheels, but you might test it on a bit that don’t show. After all Mr Sheen get’s everything clean - as it says in the advert…

I havnt got durobrites just satin finish alcoas,you need to get most of the lump of bitumen off 1st,use a razor blade type scraper, then brush or spray red diesel,parafin or a degreaser on and let it work a bit and repeat.

Loads of stuff gets tar off, as above.
Il add turps and white spirit to the list.

Butter is used to get bitumen off of flesh by the hospitals so I’m sure it will be fine on alloys…

Use Tardis or Autoglym Tar remover, the stuff is designed to remove tar without damaging the under laying surface.
Don’t rub just put it on en let it do his work.
Rinse and wash after.

+1 for Autosmart Tardis. Great product.