tape to cd

tape to cd…

can anybody help :question: ive got a couple of old dance tapes from the gallery in leeds that i need converting onto a cd for the lorry. now i had somebody try it before but being dance music it needs to be continuos as its all mixing. when somebody tried before there was all breaks and gaps in the music which spoilt it.

also the tapes are 90 mins long and i want it all on the cd cos as i said the lad that tried for me before could only get 60 mins on a cd.

i dont mind chucking a few quid in the pot for a couple of beers if you can manage it.

Do you know if your cd player in the lorry can play mp3 cds?

bubsy06:
Do you know if your cd player in the lorry can play mp3 cds?

not bothered cos if it comes back as mp3 file i can stick it on the ipod and play it through the i trip. :bulb:

I dont mind doing it. You will obviously have to send me the tapes

bubsy06:
I dont mind doing it. You will obviously have to send me the tapes

great stuff cheers. pm me your address and how much you want. thanks.

It’s not too hard to do yourself…

To get it on the computer, you need either one of these cables

(3.5mm jack to phono)
or

(3,5mm jack to 3.5mm jack)
Depending on what connections you have on your tape player

Recording software - Audacity is nice and free http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

And a guide :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :
http://audacityteam.org/wiki/index.php?title=Transferring_tapes_and_records_to_computer_or_CD

You can (supposedly) get 80 minutes on a CD, or you can get high capacity 90 minute ones - just search for “cdr 90” (You can get 99’s as well, but I don’t know anyone that has anything good to say about them). You need a drive and software that support over-burning, but afaik it’s fairly standard now. Don’t know about playing them though, I don’t have any problems, but I know a lot of players can be a bit funny with non standard discs.

To stop the gaps, you can either burn it as one long track, or some software has a gapless option.

Apparently “Feurio! CD-Writer” can do overburn and gapless. I’ve never used it myself, but it’s recommended by a lot of people for non-standard stuff like this. (Almost free - it has an unlimited trial)

You can do records the same way … You know the black round things that look like old tacho’s left out in the sun with grooves around them :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Did it a while back for a chap took flippin ages, mind there were about 8 LP’s he wanted doing :grimacing: :grimacing:

thanks everyone. i used to dvd’s on my old desktop but now ive got a laptop i try and keep it clean from programmes and free site like downloads music and things, i only really use it for internet and nothing else.

anyway job sorted now cos busby is on the job.

thanks for the advice everyone.

LOL I used Audacity to convert a huge pile of classic rock tapes and vinyl to MP3. Its a hell of a time consuming job though and in the end I bought the CDs of the records cheap on ebay and just lets the computer do it.