Tapatalk - what is it and how are you using it?

Hi,

I keep seeing a lot of post signatures with

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

What is Tapatalk? And how are you all using it?

it’s an app you can download from apple store, not sure if its on google play for android users though. It works just like the forum on here

Tapatalk is an app that allows you use to browse forums more easily in theory.

It is basically a text only viewer for for mobile devices so you don’t get pictures or banners etc from a forum, more aimed at faster loading speeds for threads and less data usage for mobile devices.

It works to a point but Tapatalk can be buggy, and a lot of forums are moving away from tapatalk due to customer service and cost and issues.

It also means you can add multiple forums you are a follower of and gives you notifications of all your posts and threads your subscribed to.

tapatalk.com/

itunes.apple.com/app/id307880732?mt=8 Apple store

play.google.com/store/apps/deta … o.activity Google play

It’s still pretty ■■■■ though and some forums end up stopping Tapatalk integration anyway.

It’s an unnecessary piece of junk that clogs up your phone’s memory, and probably harvests a lot more information about you and your phone than you would like…

Is there any way to stop seeing the annoying ‘sent by etc etc’?
I don’t see signatures as I’ve turned off all unnecessary gubbins in settings but can’t seem to hide/block crapatalk

Mailman:
I don’t see signatures as I’ve turned off all unnecessary gubbins in settings but can’t seem to hide/block crapatalk

No the user has tick a box each time they post to not add the tag line of rubbish, I usually forget to do so and can’t be bothered to manually edit and remove it.

Mailman:

Yes, install Tapatalk, select ‘settings’, select ‘sent by’, select ‘no’.

the nodding donkey:

Mailman:

I think the OP is talking about on the forum rather than Tapatalk.

Sent by my fingers via a keyboard, via a router and via telephone cables and half way wrong the world for you just to read this lol

It can be turned off if people can be bothered to go into settings and turn it off in tapalot lol

simcor:
https://www.tapatalk.com/

itunes.apple.com/app/id307880732?mt=8 Apple store

play.google.com/store/apps/deta … o.activity Google play

It’s still pretty [zb] though and some forums end up stopping Tapatalk integration anyway.

Hardly surprising that a website which relies on advertising revenue stops supporting an app that doesn’t display it’s ads.

Also work if you type it like this

Sent from my phone to yours

It automatically puts it in the smaller font if you type Sent from my…

simcor:

the nodding donkey:

Mailman:

I think the OP is talking about on the forum rather than Tapatalk.

Sent by my fingers via a keyboard, via a router and via telephone cables and half way wrong the world for you just to read this lol

Thanks, so no way to block it on the forum :frowning:
Sent by bio chemical neuro electrons converted to motive force to digits

simcor:

It is basically a text only viewer for for mobile devices so you don’t get pictures or banners etc from a forum, more aimed at faster loading speeds for threads and less data usage for mobile devices.

It works to a point but Tapatalk can be buggy, and a lot of forums are moving away from tapatalk due to customer service and cost and issues.

It also means you can add multiple forums you are a follower of and gives you notifications of all your posts and threads your subscribed to.

It’s not text only - I have it on my (Android) phone and see pictures and videos in the messages too.

The best thing about tapatalk is it allows you to upload photos instantly when posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use it all the time for the 2 forums I actively participate on. As already said it just makes the forum easier to look at on mobile devices and it makes uploading photos very easy. Overall I do recommend it for people that use phones or tablets on forums.

Roymondo:

simcor:

It’s not text only - I have it on my (Android) phone and see pictures and videos in the messages too.

OK for being pedantic its cuts out the advertising and branding of a forum to make the pages load quicker. Obviously you can see pictures abs videos that are embedded, however it also removes a lot of other info, like posters signatures and location details etc.

Two of the more useful functions for some forums like car forums where people offer to help each other with their cars.

My answer was a simplified answer of what it basically does.

Williams9881:
The best thing about tapatalk is it allows you to upload photos instantly when posting.

I upload photos to here, directly from my phone, this site already has that capability.

Crapatalk is just another unnecessary resource eating harvesting tool. Just ask yourself, why would they provide their app, for free?

I probably wouldn’t bother using trucknet if it wasn’t for Tapatalk. I find it’s too cluttered and annoying to navigate when you try and use it on the desktop site on my phone. So much easier to view posts and pictures through Tapatalk imo. I’ve got the paid version of Tapatalk with no adverts or pop ups.