Tap Freight, Barnsley

Normal stuff guys. Wages? Kit? How are you treated?

Everyone I’ve asked so far knows the company but knows nothing about it. Not sure if thats good or bad? :unamused:

All I know is they run MANs but are starting to switch to XFs now. They are the in the UPN pallet network. They do a fait bit of ADR work. Plenty of nights out too. Freight seems quite varied too.

I speak to one of their drivers quite regularly at one of my drops in Glasgow but never asked him what the money is like but overall he seems happy with his job.

damoq:
All I know is they run MANs but are starting to switch to XFs now. They are the in the UPN pallet network. They do a fait bit of ADR work. Plenty of nights out too. Freight seems quite varied too.

I speak to one of their drivers quite regularly at one of my drops in Glasgow but never asked him what the money is like but overall he seems happy with his job.

Cheers.
I can’t imagine there being too many issues with the company or everyone would have an opinion. If you know what I mean . :smiley:

Ive heard getting on the European is a closed shop plus they have had their hours cut.

I was speaking to a driver a few weeks back.

Paul Gloria Meadows:

damoq:

Cheers.
I can’t imagine there being too many issues with the company or everyone would have an opinion. If you know what I mean . :smiley:

You never hear anything said about them, good bad or indifferent. Probably a good thing if you ask me.

my mates transport manager there - class 2 was £7.50 hr but u get paid meal breaks, but that was also 3 years or so, tap freight was formed out of the old robin j masters sell off, all newish kit it seems too. by the way i was on £10 hr on class 2 when he told me that’s why i didn’t join up, want to stop mates with him lol

£8 a hour no pay rise for 7 year I worked there , £8 for first 10 hours then £9.60 oveetime rate after the place is a joke paying peanuts for run around glad I left, and if u work Saturday it’s £9.60 a hr students are on more money at mcdonalds lol