Tankers

billybigrig:
I don’t think we’re “in safe hands” somehow :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

well spotted :stuck_out_tongue:

That is a mild implosion, the wheels are still on the floor :stuck_out_tongue:

This bloke probably got a bigger bollocking though.

and this one! :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

billybigrig:
I don’t think we’re “in safe hands” somehow :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

well spotted :stuck_out_tongue:

That is a mild implosion, the wheels are still on the floor :stuck_out_tongue:

This bloke probably got a bigger bollocking though.

and this one! :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Like the storage tank Malc,see me in my office… :imp:

Another implosion, this time on of Bertschi UK’s

Bertschi UK Implode.jpg

steptoe:

How did that phone call go?

Nick!

Wheel Nut:

steptoe:

Nick!

:laughing: Nick was never happy even when he was in a good mood so I dont suppose it went well.

Another angle or another tank ?

steptoe:

Wheel Nut:

steptoe:

Nick!

:laughing: Nick was never happy even when he was in a good mood so I dont suppose it went well.

:laughing:

Some good lads working for that company though.

one of the 5 wagons we have on our shift

one of the new volvos

Cavlad:

steptoe:

Wheel Nut:

steptoe:

Nick!

I know some cracking lads who work for Bertschi. Steve Kirby for one, loads of expirience, knows the job inside out and will help anybody.

Can anybody tell me what company refined or marketed “Dragonfly Oils”? I thought it might have been Morris’s from Shrewsbury but there’s no reference to that brand on their website.I am trying to find out if they ran MK3 AEC Mammoth Major tankers and what the livery was.

Thanks,in anticipation,
Chris.

Chris Webb:
Can anybody tell me what company refined or marketed “Dragonfly Oils”? I thought it might have been Morris’s from Shrewsbury but there’s no reference to that brand on their website.I am trying to find out if they ran MK3 AEC Mammoth Major tankers and what the livery was.

Thanks,in anticipation,
Chris.

Hi Chris ,
I am looking at an enamel lapel badge of mine which is at least 50 years old . It forms part of a collection of more than 30 old fuel and oil companies lapel badges I have. It is in the shape of a dragonfly , and the colours are dark blue for the body and upper-half of the wings , and yellow for the lower-half of the wings . The words shown are , : " Use Dragonfly Motor Oils And Greases " . If Morrises used those colours many years ago , then you could be correct. Sorry I cant give more details than that.

Cheers , cattle wagon man.

Hi CWM,thanks for the reply.After googling the full title of the brand which is on your badge,I found out,to my acute embarrassment being a Sheffielder,that Dragonfly was a Sheffield company,R. D Nichol,which I remember now. :blush:
I must be thinking of another oil refiner/blender.

I may have posted these before but they will fit in this thread.

For my time at DM I was The Limburger

Smuckers.jpg

Slim Jim.jpg

steptoe:

Cavlad:

steptoe:

Wheel Nut:

steptoe:

Nick!

I know some cracking lads who work for Bertschi. Steve Kirby for one, loads of expirience, knows the job inside out and will help anybody.

+1 on Steve, proper gent that fella. Yorkshire Dave, Harry and Wrecker amongst others who are great blokes.

Taken at Services on A19 today

This one taken on the way to Kendal tonight( bit dark really,not to good a picture)

Another early 50’s. Anyone remember this Brewer,became part of the Whitbread empire. Mike.

IMG_0070 (640x358).jpg

Caption.
1,800 gallons of beer for bulk delivery - the equivalent of 50 barrels - are carried
by this Big Bedford articulated tanker operated by Fremlins Ltd.
The tractor unit is fitted with Scammell coupling gear, and the frameless two compartment tank was built by the A.P.V. Co. Ltd., London.

thelongdrag:
Another early 50’s. Anyone remember this Brewer,became part of the Whitbread empire. Mike.

Caption.
1,800 gallons of beer for bulk delivery - the equivalent of 50 barrels - are carried
by this Big Bedford articulated tanker operated by Fremlins Ltd.
The tractor unit is fitted with Scammell coupling gear, and the frameless two compartment tank was built by the A.P.V. Co. Ltd., London.

Yeah,a lot of the pubs in Maidstone sold this brew,not very good after the beer at home in the north east!!

Foreign reg’d food tanker at Gledrid Services (A5/A483) yesterday. Could be wrong but I think they deliver to Cadbury’s in Chirk:

Cavlad:
Foreign reg’d food tanker at Gledrid Services (A5/A483) yesterday. Could be wrong but I think they deliver to Cadbury’s in Chirk:

More likely Fresh Cream from Chester or Wrexham area, possibly an English driver on it, or god forbid Welsh :stuck_out_tongue:

I think he was foreign as I asked for directions to the toilet and he said (in perfect English!) ‘sorry, I’m from Europe and don’t speak English!’