Tankers for wirral pete

some my dad has come across :smiley:

hope they bring some mems back :smiley: he has loads of pics take me a while to sort i away all wk will do them at wkend :smiley:

nice pics mr ed back in the day!!! :smiley:

Sum good pics there Mr ed :slight_smile: especially that tommy allen 2800 with the horseshoe crane fruehauf on the back :smiley: :smiley:

top pics mate i remember thomas allen from when i were a kid one of em rolled over when a car pulled out on him on the old A5 at mile oak near tamworth he braked and swerved and the liquid in the tank moved and rolled him

mr ed, you and your dad are stars!
great pictures mate will show my dad them when i get home next weekend. your dad might know mine, his name is ernie williams, also ex as jones driver brian crawshaw (sadly no longer with us). if im not wrong most of them pictures were took at united molasses i birkenhead?. now tate and lyle and still a dump to load from…lol. might get a daf 3300 model kit that sitting up in the loft and make a tommy allen model. any more pictures would be appreciated mate. again many thanks…pete
p s ask your dad, can he remeber the name of the a s jones driver who crashed into a ford granada in chester street ,birkenhead. it happened on christmas eve in the early eighties if i remember correctly. car belonged to a copper who was in the police station social club. rumour has it the jones driver might have been a little bit socialble on a ship he was delivering oil to that night, hence the reason he forgot to stop!..lol

Pete, you are right about the UM place in Birkenhead. I had almost forgotten what a craphole it was. The pictures of the 2 Sudden Accidents round the back was the main yard.

One thing though, not a hi-viz or a hard hat in site :smiley:

I hated going into A S Jones in Bromborough yard to wash though as they treated outsiders like Poles :smiley:

that loading point round the back is still the same, last time i was there was in 2007, 2 trucks already loading. 3 hours later it was my turn. what a dump. drove past there last tuesday and it looks like it being knocked down…pete

Thats joyous news pete, im made up there the laziest bunch of b*******s ever !!! :smiley: :smiley:

lol dont get too excited, that was only the one side getting knocked down the other ‘dockside’ terminal is still as busy im affraid… :laughing:

all the storage tanks got moved to their other place further down the road coz that site has been sold off. they wern’t all miserable, Demo always had a smile on his face :unamused: :laughing: