Tanker [zb]s

Evening gents.

Just posting out of curiosity really.

My mate has been driving Class 1 for about a year and a half. Did his ADR-Tanks a few weeks back and has been offered a job with Hoyer on the fuel tankers.

Reckons basic salary is £54k with an extra grand for both good attendance and no damage (so £56k basic in all). Says this is for a 40 hour week and the other drivers are making. £60k+ with one weekend worked a month.

Does this sound about right or is he being a Billy ■■■■■■■■■■■ lol?

I looked at a thread from '21 and people were saying £37k-ish for a 32 hour week (so obv well into the £40k’s with some o/t) but this is still far from the lofty £65k he’s claiming.

Not jealous. I hope he’s on the big bucks now as he’s a mate and owes me a fair few beers lol, but I was just curious.

==========================
Mod’s edit:
If you need to put an asterisk in a word to get it past the auto censor, then that’s your clue that you’re using a banned word.
There’s another clue here too… the ‘auto’ in auto censor means that it’s automatic, so it doesn’t need any help. :wink:
:bulb: Try a read of forum Rule #3. dd.

Yep, about right. BUT, really awful rota from what Ive heard, earlies to nights to mids and round and round. what sleep pattern?

Fuzrat:
Yep, about right. BUT, really awful rota from what Ive heard, earlies to nights to mids and round and round. what sleep pattern?

When I looked at it you could use up all your holiday to avoid the worst of it. I don’t know if that would be allowed though.

I do know of a company that you could earn that sort of money, but you are maxed out. They do run excellent equipment as a sort of compensation to keep you comfortable in the job, but I have a life outside of work, so flash equipment means jack ■■■■ to me.

A friend of mine is a subby for the same company, and they try to do it to him, but he tells them that it is fine, as long as his rate to them will reflect what they want him to do. He does Mon to Fri with them, and if he has to run in on a Saturday, he charges them half a day for it.

There’s been quite a lot of discussion about the Hoyer work pattern, search the forum for “the marriage wrecker” and you’ll find the info :laughing:

Right tanker outfit (dare one say with a decent union) those figures arn’t a mile away, however i for one wouldn’t work Hoyers shift pattern at my age, for those in the prime of life if your relationship is strong you could certainly knock some money up hopefully to set yourselves up for the future rather than ■■■■ it up the wall on new rental/leased his’n’hers German cars every 3 years.

Fair to say you won’t get a blinged up 700hp superXLhighrangewithabitmoreontop tractor unit and you will be expected to be reliable and do things by the book, they don’t pay money like that for the couldn’t give a monkeys mob.

saw a Hoyer driver last week at the top edge of his boots there was a strip of gold/brass that caught my eye ,iv never seen anything bling on a workboot like that ,possibly an inch wide

CDL Class A Tanker Driver- job post
JP Noonan Transportation
49 reviews
Hooksett, NH
$37 - $38 an hour - Full-time

A tanker job near me in the US, I think that’s about 30 quid an hour which is good money over here.

corij:
saw a Hoyer driver last week at the top edge of his boots there was a strip of gold/brass that caught my eye ,iv never seen anything bling on a workboot like that ,possibly an inch wide

Just guessing, but maybe an anti static/spark strip?

Fuzrat:

corij:

Just guessing, but maybe an anti static/spark strip?

Blue eyed boy stripe?

The wider the stripe, the more a-holes you have had to bum to get cream work.

Tailschwing:
Evening gents.

Just posting out of curiosity really.

My mate has been driving Class 1 for about a year and a half. Did his ADR-Tanks a few weeks back and has been offered a job with Hoyer on the fuel tankers.

Reckons basic salary is £54k with an extra grand for both good attendance and no damage (so £56k basic in all). Says this is for a 40 hour week and the other drivers are making. £60k+ with one weekend worked a month.

Does this sound about right or is he being a Billy [zb] lol?

I looked at a thread from '21 and people were saying £37k-ish for a 32 hour week (so obv well into the £40k’s with some o/t) but this is still far from the lofty £65k he’s claiming.

Not jealous. I hope he’s on the big bucks now as he’s a mate and owes me a fair few beers lol, but I was just curious.

==========================
Mod’s edit:
If you need to put an asterisk in a word to get it past the auto censor, then that’s your clue that you’re using a banned word.
There’s another clue here too… the ‘auto’ in auto censor means that it’s automatic, so it doesn’t need any help. :wink:
:bulb: Try a read of forum Rule #3. dd.

That’s BP shift pattern and rate. Hoyer has different rates of pay for different contracts.

Payrise again coming this month.