Tanker Work

Hi All

I’ve been in and out of jobs for the last year, my own fault really, I was in training for a welfare to work provider for 12 years, and got fed up with the red tape negativity, trying to get two pints in a pint pot, get the picture ramming 54 people in a room with just me to deliver crap courses.( Rant Over) I have worked in Jaguar Halewood on the shunt for DHL 4 Months, Agency on Liverpool Docks 3 Months, Drake ports 4 Months full time job, I have not got the time to tell you how ■■■■ the last job was (Drakes) or dangerous. I have got a trial for a tanker company with nights out, only really done a few nights out over the years ( I like my own bed :smiley: :smiley: and the lady I share it with :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: . Any advice on tankers as I have never done them before would be most welcome. I am a little apprehensive of getting in to driving again as I have not been down the road for a while, but I have no income coming in and I never sign on benefits when I am not working as I am an independent type of guy and a little proud, I don’t mean to offend anyone who does its just the way I am.

Thanks for reading any advice would be most grateful, anyone know of a good firm to work for in the Merseyside area would be welcome.

Ps Clean Class 1 Licence and 28 hrs cpc .

Instead of worrying, why not just sort your night out gear out and give the new job a go?

It could be just what you’re looking for, but if you get yourself worked up, you won’t give it a chance.

ricky61:
Hi All
I have worked in Jaguar Halewood on the shunt for DHL 4 Months, Agency on Liverpool Docks 3 Months, Drake ports 4 Months full time job, I have not got the time to tell you how [zb] the last job was (Drakes) or dangerous. I have got a trial for a tanker company with nights out, only really done a few nights out over the years ( I like my own bed :smiley: :smiley: and the lady I share it with :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: . Any advice on tankers as I have never done them before would be most welcome. I am a little apprehensive of getting in to driving again as I have not been down the road for a while, but I have no income coming in and I never sign on benefits when I am not working as I am an independent type of guy and a little proud, I don’t mean to offend anyone who does its just the way I am.

Thanks for reading any advice would be most grateful, anyone know of a good firm to work for in the Merseyside area would be welcome.

Your not really a night out person like your own bed and the lady your sharing it with.
I’d be personally be looking at something else you mention your other job dealing with red tape and getting 2 pints into a pint pot and here you are driving , You must be mad :grimacing: .

seriously I would be looking for a simple day job trunking be it on agency or a local firm.
as for tanks are you talking ADR :question:

nick2008:

ricky61:
Hi All
I have worked in Jaguar Halewood on the shunt for DHL 4 Months, Agency on Liverpool Docks 3 Months, Drake ports 4 Months full time job, I have not got the time to tell you how [zb] the last job was (Drakes) or dangerous. I have got a trial for a tanker company with nights out, only really done a few nights out over the years ( I like my own bed :smiley: :smiley: and the lady I share it with :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: . Any advice on tankers as I have never done them before would be most welcome. I am a little apprehensive of getting in to driving again as I have not been down the road for a while, but I have no income coming in and I never sign on benefits when I am not working as I am an independent type of guy and a little proud, I don’t mean to offend anyone who does its just the way I am.

Your not really a night out person like your own bed and the lady your sharing it with.
I’d be personally be looking at something else you mention your other job dealing with red tape and getting 2 pints into a pint pot and here you are driving , You must be mad :grimacing: .

seriously I would be looking for a simple day job trunking be it on agency or a local firm.
as for tanks are you talking ADR :question:

No Nick its not ADR
Cheers

Nights out aint all its cracked up to be fella and at times it can be a pain in the arse having to burn into that 15 just to find a parking place for the night.
and to be honest the facility’s are P Poor.

what tanker firm ?

bjd:
what tanker firm ?

Don’t like to say just yet, in case they read this site

Anybody know if you can you tramp driving fuel tankers…?

Pimpdaddy:

Ah but ya gotta be a brave ■■■■■■ with mahoosive cahonies!! :slight_smile:

Young_AL:
Ah but ya gotta be a brave [zb] with mahoosive cahonies!! :slight_smile:

I was just thinking, the ones I’ve seen (Hoyer, DHL, Winc) are all shifts day/night…

You’ll probly have to go agency to begin with.

B&M stores in Speke are always looking for drivers, you’ll get days if say but it will be to small stores. I would only go here as a last resort.

It could be bulk liquid food tankers, milk,juices,plastic granules or a sewer tanker ?
Or a blower,cement or other powders?
The plot thickens.?

Yes you can! I do it, and I know a few lads in the company I work for who do it. It seems we are the only ones around who seem to do it. You should be able to guess who we are. PM me, they are taking on. Its not as strict as you think. ADR regulations, you must be parked up secure 24/7 security etc. Just so happens they dont give a ■■■■, so once or twice I have parked up in the middle of nowhere!;):wink:

Pimpdaddy: