Tanker w@nker

Yesterday I took about five miles trying to overtake a Shell tanker. I was slowly making progress when he accelerated away giving a wave, only to slow down again and hold me up when I pulled in behind him. Why are there so many knobs driving hgvs?

no1dieselman:
Yesterday I took about five miles trying to overtake a Shell tanker. Why are there so many knobs driving hgvs?

Indeed.

easiest answer?

you like most are probably (unlike myself) paid by the hour not by the load. Why not pull in, grab a 15 and let him clear off? Not worth the hassle trying to get past if you can take you’re time and be paid the same regardless

no1dieselman:
Yesterday I took about five miles trying to overtake a Shell tanker. I was slowly making progress when he accelerated away giving a wave, only to slow down again and hold me up when I pulled in behind him. Why are there so many knobs driving hgvs?

Make trucks easy for bad car drivers to drive,get bad car drivers driving hgv’s.

You can predict what these zb’s are going to do so pretend to make the move to go back in behind him.But stay well back so you can maintain your speed.Then when he slows down carry on with the overtake.Bonus points if he’s got slow traffic ahead of him then slow down at the side of him instead of going through to box the zbwit in. :smiling_imp: :wink:

Only 5 miles? Must try harder

Of course it may be possible he thought you were a knob trying to pass him at a slow rate.
Makes me laugh how all these knobs are the best drivers in the world when you speak to them in a pub or cafe.
It’s always everyone else at fault and never them to blame. :laughing:

Go get a man with a laptop and fire the limiter up to something decent then laugh at everything as you pass them in the outside lane.

So much more relaxing not having to deal with chuggers like that.

Stress WILL NOT be the death of me so in the scenario the o/p describes I’d just reduce the CC by a click or two until he’d disappeared off into the distance.

On the rare occasion I’m feeling vindictive I’d maintain a safe distance behind whilst scanning the horizon, because as sure as eggs is eggs on this crowded isle an opportunity to screw him right over will present itself sooner rather than later.

A good way to virtually eliminate this from your life is setting your cruise control or speed limiter 1 or 2 kmh under your vehicle’s limited speed. You’ll have that bit of oomph to accelerate past the fractionally slower ones, and if they speed up even then, you can just let it go, slip back in, and put your cruise back on. On a long motorway journey you’ll lose a couple of minutes . . a fair trade off for a calmer mental state in my opinion.

the maoster:
Stress WILL NOT be the death of me so in the scenario the o/p describes I’d just reduce the CC by a click or two until he’d disappeared off into the distance.

On the rare occasion I’m feeling vindictive I’d maintain a safe distance behind whilst scanning the horizon, because as sure as eggs is eggs on this crowded isle an opportunity to screw him right over will present itself sooner rather than later.

Nothing better than spotting a Tesco motor just up ahead :laughing:

no1dieselman:

Five miles :open_mouth: That’s rubbish.

When I drove for Mark Thompson I kept a fat aggressive bullying Suttons tanker alongside me for 7.2 miles on the M6.

Until I lit her up to 57 and left him for dead :laughing:

Our trucks are limited to 90km/h but I always drive at 85-86km/h soooo much better. Just let everyone overtake you and dont stress about it.

Hourly pay baby!!!

TheUncaringCowboy:

Or a Maritime truck …

Question: what do you do when you see a Maritime truck ahead of you?
Answer: look in your mirror and put your right indicator on

playing those sort of dangerous games is a sign that youve a real deep seated psych problem with your personality. i read that the Yorkshire ripper played games when he was a truck driver and it is a sign

peirre:

TheUncaringCowboy:

Or a Maritime truck …

Indicator■■?

san miguel:

peirre:

TheUncaringCowboy:

Or a Maritime truck …

Indicator■■?

And mirror■■?

corij:
playing those sort of dangerous games is a sign that youve a real deep seated psych problem with your personality. i read that the Yorkshire ripper played games when he was a truck driver and it is a sign

There must be millions of the nutters out there in that case.It’s now common to have to outwit one of these loons in numerous situations.One of the most common now is actually having to stop on an entry slip road when one of these retards deliberately slows down at the side of you to block you in.I’ve lost count of the times that they’ll literally stop in lane 1 of a two or three lane dual with a 50 mph or 70 mph limit to keep their blocking game going. :open_mouth: :laughing:

corij:

If only you knew how much this is true! Or maybe you already do. :wink: There’s definitely a few ■■■■■■’s on the UK’s roads. :open_mouth:

corij:

I hope that’s not aimed at me mate, both my personalities are fine thanks.

As for Pete, he just went a bit too far.

eagerbeaver:

corij:

I hope that’s not aimed at me mate, both my personalities are fine thanks.

As for Pete, he just went a bit too far.

Saint Peter was just misunderstood, it was all blown out of proportion.

Bloody media.