Tanker on motorway earlier

Heading east on M4 motorway earlier a tanker pulled infront of me and something was absolutely ■■■■■■■ out of the back. I tried flashing the lights at him to catch his attention, speed wise Im limited to 50 so he soon dropped me :laughing: All the way along the inside lane was wet. I was ■■■■■■■■ myself incase flammable and it caught fire! I think whatever he was carrying he was a few hundred litres down once he got to destination!

Throw a match at it , you might not catch up but the flames would :wink: :wink: :wink: .
Well it worked on die hard :grimacing:

ValleysTrucker:
Heading east on M4 motorway earlier a tanker pulled infront of me and something was absolutely ■■■■■■■ out of the back. I tried flashing the lights at him to catch his attention, speed wise Im limited to 50 so he soon dropped me [emoji38] All the way along the inside lane was wet. I was [zb] myself incase flammable and it caught fire! I think whatever he was carrying he was a few hundred litres down once he got to destination!

Probably a milk tank they always leak i had one the other week vent valve come open and started pouring everywhere

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

May have just been for MOT or a brake test and letting water out, could have been steam jackets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ValleysTrucker:
I was [zb] myself incase flammable and it caught fire!

What did the diamond shape hazardous load plates on the side and back of the tanker say? They would have said whether it was flammable, corrosive etc.

If there were none I’m in agreement with Wheel Nut that it was most likely water just being left to drain out.

mdourish:

ValleysTrucker:
Heading east on M4 motorway earlier a tanker pulled infront of me and something was absolutely ■■■■■■■ out of the back. I tried flashing the lights at him to catch his attention, speed wise Im limited to 50 so he soon dropped me [emoji38] All the way along the inside lane was wet. I was [zb] myself incase flammable and it caught fire! I think whatever he was carrying he was a few hundred litres down once he got to destination!

Probably a milk tank they always leak i had one the other week vent valve come open and started pouring everywhere

A dim and distant memory tells me that milk can be a biohazard if it gets into waterways (in sufficient quantities of course).

Milk in water will kill anything that’s in there, it ■■■■■ the oxygen out or something.

So don’t go pouring your milk in the pond.

Captain Caveman 76:
A dim and distant memory tells me that milk can be a biohazard if it gets into waterways (in sufficient quantities of course).

Nasty stuff and not popular if you let it leak i to a river or other watercourse. Doesn’t take much either to kill everything in the water. Technically its the bacteria which feed off the milk which take all the oxygen but same effect.

dssmith.com/recycling/insigh … businesses

As for the other stuff leaking, would not recommend sitting behind it incase its corrosive and evaporates. Do like the idea of the fire trail. :slight_smile:

Cheers lads, nice to know I’m not going senile. :smiley:

Shouldnt have been leaking anything. When moving water bowsers off site we were warned that they had to be empty and the taps and drains sealed. The person behind you doesnt know its just water. Either would DVSA or police. Also on dodgy ground about disposing of waste water, possible contaminants etc.

Its possible he had just come from a tank wash…its not uncommon to leave the valve open to drain the water.

Funnily enough…I was passed by a Chemviron Carbon tanker today and it had a sign on the back saying water might leak from a tap on the tank.

I was behind a bog emptying tanker (technical term) and there was a sign saying
“no stools left in this vehicle overnight” :smiley:

groovemachine:

Was that the same company that have a tanker with the plate P00 4 P4Y on it?

groovemachine:

Thats one for the diarya

BOGOF takes on a whole new meaning

N A M A logistics

You need alot of constipatience to do that job

One of these so called [zb] shifter companies slogan is “where number 1 in the number 2 business”

mdourish:

ValleysTrucker:

Always?