Tanker interview finally after 4+ years of trying

i have a interview tomorrow with certas on the class 2’s home and business delivery, i have tried for 4 years to try and get in the door with any feul company c.v’s sent every 3 months and now i have half a toe in the door as i have just got a call for an interview , told them i have never done tankers and they said don’t worry there is training on the job :smiley: , i’m not gonna ask what it’s like to work for or pay i don’t care .i’m not putting all the eggs in one basket put it feels good .
anyone trying just keep keep keep trying something will turn up. will let you know how i get on fingers crossed. :smiley:

Good luck with the interview mate. Make sure they give proper training and make sure you double, double check everything you do. Do not rush. it is not really the kind of job you can learn by your mistakes because mistakes with fuel/oil quickly become a disaster.

viking7000:
Good luck with the interview mate. Make sure they give proper training and make sure you double, double check everything you do. Do not rush. it is not really the kind of job you can learn by your mistakes because mistakes with fuel/oil quickly become a disaster.

cheers mate ,will do. :smiley:

Good luck. Why are you so determined to get on tankers?

Good man, tap that ■■■.

good man it worth doing i did it for 5 years before moving to petrol tankers.

one thing not to forget when you out with a trainer, never ever walk away or jam the gun into the tank when you filling house type tanks. when you get the job never do it then and double check what product you pumping every time it is very easy to pull the wrong foot valve and pump kero when you think you are pumping diesel.

take your time as there is no such ting as a small spill when you doing diesel/kero

good luck with the interview/training day

jason74:
anyone trying just keep keep keep trying something will turn up. will let you know how i get on fingers crossed. :smiley:

Lucky you, good luck, keep us all posted please…:grimacing:

cheers for the comments guy will take them on board , got the job just waiting for a start date :smiley: , so looking good so far.

m1cks:

just fancy it mate , had a few mates doing the aircraft refuelling when i was at the airport some 5 years ago and have moved to forecourts ,and to be totally honest its about the money its always about the money. and i live 5 miles from kingsbury oil depot. :smiley:

Just found this job ad, don’t know if I’d bother myself. Good luck at interview though.
HGV (C+E) ADR TANKER DRIVER - UK AND EUROPEAN TRAMPING
Posted
days ago
Shelton Under Harley, Newcastle (ST5) , ST5 4DG View map
Salary from £10 to £16.20 per annum
Temporary
Silver Arrow

Dan Pickett
Ref: Totaljobs/GP001/60020461

BillyHunt:
Salary from £10 to £16.20 per annum

I wonder if they pay that in one big lump at the beginning of the year, or would they more likely split it into 52 more manageable chunks?

jason74:

m1cks:

just fancy it mate , had a few mates doing the aircraft refuelling when i was at the airport some 5 years ago and have moved to forecourts ,and to be totally honest its about the money its always about the money. and i live 5 miles from kingsbury oil depot. :smiley:

How did they get onto the aircraft refuelling? That’s always appealed to me.

ezydriver:

jason74:

m1cks:

How did they get onto the aircraft refuelling? That’s always appealed to me.

they just applied i think mate , and you don’t need an ADR airside , birmingham airport was the place and ade taylor is the esso gaffa
there is also shell the gaffa at the time i worked there likes to take on ex-millitary ,airBP pulled out may have gone back in with the expansion going on there. if you fancy that get incontact with ASIG i think they are the people that run ESSO there .
but i don’t know if you like agencies but monarch personnel take people for aircraft refuelling. :smiley:

Congrats , I do kero & red diesel drops in rural wales , if there’s any info you want to know just pm, the main thing is take care & pay attention , don’t get rushed or flustered , mistakes happen , if you make one don’t try to cover it up , spillages & wrong fuel in wrong tanks is not good but best to get it sorted asap with a phone call to the office , just a tip keep a spare set of clothes in the lorry at all times , even pants & socks & a large towel & some cleaning wipes …