Tanker drivers

Hi I’ve been driving class two fuel tankers but I think I fancy a go at class one.
Just wanted to hear people’s opinions really.
Good companies to work for (I’m in Devon, near Exeter) wages, hours ect
I enjoy my job at the moment but to be honest I think I’m worth more money…

Bulldog164:
Hi I’ve been driving fuel tankers…

Lucky you:)

Bulldog164:
I think I fancy a go at class one.

Good luck:lol:

Bulldog164:
Good companies to work for…

Id go for Certas or Watson…if I was well connected:lol:

I don’t think there’s much around here in the way of class 1 fuel tanker work. Closest would probably be Hockins or there maybe someone in Plymouth or Bristol.

Certas…don’t go swearing on here [emoji13]

Bulldog164:
Certas…don’t go swearing on here [emoji13]

Sorry to offend, the circus always brings a smile to my face:lol::lol:

Certas has been advertising all over the net for some months now, and there are always fresh adverts being placed almost on daily basis.
Why would they be having problems attracting and retaining employees, anyone knows?

hkloss1:
there are always fresh adverts being placed almost on daily basis.

Really…where?

hkloss1:
Why would they be having problems attracting and retaining employees, anyone knows?

How can they have problems retaining when they don’t even hire in the first place?:lol:

hkloss1:
Certas has been advertising all over the net for some months now, and there are always fresh adverts being placed almost on daily basis.

Any company having to advertise constantly either doesn’t pay the rate and/or is so obnoxious to work for that no bugger wants to know.

Juddian:

hkloss1:

Any company having to advertise constantly either doesn’t pay the rate and/or is so obnoxious to work for that no bugger wants to know.

Google GB oils, old name for certas and all will become clear

Pimpdaddy:

hkloss1:
there are always fresh adverts being placed almost on daily basis.

Really…where?

hkloss1:

How can they have problems retaining when they don’t even hire in the first place?:lol:

These jobs have been advertised for months, rigid veh only, but recently I have been seeing more and more of those Certas jobs coming on the market, in various places around the country:

reed.co.uk/jobs/certas-energ … -logistics

hkloss1:
These jobs have been advertised for months, rigid veh only, but recently I have been seeing more and more of those Certas jobs coming on the market, in various places around the country

Yes I’ve seen these but they’ve never appealed to me because they are/were seasonal, I’ve never seen class 1 full time permanent roles advertised…

Bulldog164:
Hi I’ve been driving class two fuel tankers but I think I fancy a go at class one.
Just wanted to hear people’s opinions really.
Good companies to work for (I’m in Devon, near Exeter) wages, hours ect
I enjoy my job at the moment but to be honest I think I’m worth more money…

What about Heltor based in heathfield Newton abbot? There a artics are havest fuels. I did class 2 fuel tanker work for the winter and would stay away from that again, long hours and far to many residential work down tight Devon lanes.

Bulldog who do you drive for? Pm me if you want.

There all using agency drivers now including Certas

I enjoy the class 2, yes it’s bloody hard in winter but your rewarded in summer with early finishes. Can’t go to heltor, that’s the competition lol

Well people have given you a idea of some firms certas, Heltor, watsons they all seem the enemy

What about Valero?

stinger:
What about Valero?

Hasn’t that got something to do with Wincanton or Certas?

Pimpdaddy:

stinger:
What about Valero?

Hasn’t that got something to do with Wincanton or Certas?

They have the terminal in Plymouth all the firms around this neck of the woods use them i believe to collect there fuel from

stinger:
They have the terminal in Plymouth all the firms around this neck of the woods use them i believe to collect there fuel from

Oh