tanker companies

Wow, Martin, all that hair!

Here’s one I took later, with Ron ■■? in the Taseco/TMS ‘villa’ circa 1983. Why are you holding a dress up and tickling Ron’s toes?

Bet you wish you still had the car!
What? oh, you do, it’s been in storage since 1969 - as Geoff Collins would say ‘Every pound’s a prisoner!’

One for Mr Webb

Different!

IMG_NEW.jpg

That trailer must carry a fair drop! Regards Chris

IMG_NEW.jpg

Not sure why this pic was taken! Maybe United were carrying Aviation fuel? Regards Chris

adr:
Not sure why this pic was taken! Maybe United were carrying Aviation fuel? Regards Chris

I would very much doubt it in that tank.

I was travelling across Iran in '09 and I was surprised to come across these Iraqi fuel tankers at the top of a mountain pass. Robert

That Iran picture (above) was taken from a coach, by the way, but I was parked up in Tangiers (Morocco) once in my lorry brewing tea, and I noticed a bit of tanker shunting taking place. Here’s the photo I took! Robert :laughing:

[

adr:

Hi Chris, maybe taken at Marshalls Aerospace Cambridge while C130 Hercules was on service but often wrong. Few years ago I gave a lift to a Smith and Robinsons driver (United) who lived near the A1 Bedford area who mainly done night changeover. He said he had left his tanker at Marshalls Cambridge and was on refuling. I worked for S&R Urmston Manchester early 1980s then moved to Norfolk and worked out of RAF bases for the MOD. It was costly to move kit on exercise to far off countries as the squadron would need at least 20 x C130 Hercules payload approx 19 tons. The MOD had hired this aircraft raf.mod.uk/equipment/c17aglobemaster.cfm

adr:

I agree, but that doesn’t always mean a lot with firms, for a promotional pic they will send along any old bit of kit :unamused: . Regards Chris

Always trust the Scandinavians to come up with something different. Regards Chris

IMG_NEW.jpg

grumpy old man:

adr:

I would very much doubt it in that tank.

They did carry Aviation fuel , it was nicknamed Onion jucie and would mix with best petrol .
Lots of cars went out of Bulwark road smelling like burger vans :wink: . You had to watch out in winter as it had a high water content and would/could
freeze in the fuel line (not that I used it in my Bike) .

I think the tank in the picture is a LPG tank , Remember the Philips 66 gas tank they run .

robert1952:
That Iran picture (above) was taken from a coach, by the way, but I was parked up in Tangiers (Morocco) once in my lorry brewing tea, and I noticed a bit of tanker shunting taking place. Here’s the photo I took! Robert :laughing:

If that’s a spirit tank I don’t think i would be stood taking photographs. :open_mouth:

grumpy old man:

robert1952:

If that’s a spirit tank I don’t think i would be stood taking photographs. :open_mouth:

Tee-hee! :smiley: I think it was empty: it had stood there for a long time before they needed the space. I expect I had the flash disabled and the camera on zoom - or should that be BOOM! :laughing: Robert

Stanfield:
One for Mr Webb0

Thanks John,never saw that Marathon with a 1974 Aberdeen plate. I wonder when the pic was taken?
I would hazard a guess at an ex T & M Catto unit,they ran a lot of Marathons.

1st trailer at Didcot done in our new Air Products colours. Bit BP Fuel(ish) I think :confused: . Too much white on it for me, going be a ■■■■■ to keep clean now winter’s coming :unamused: .Regards Chris

adr:
1st trailer at Didcot done in our new Air Products colours. Bit BP Fuel(ish) I think :confused: . Too much white on it for me, going be a ■■■■■ to keep clean now winter’s coming :unamused: .Regards Chris

:sunglasses: :sunglasses:

The Old Philgas tank was all white with the route 66 shield type badge on the rear dish.

One for Grumpy Old Man, when you were at Fred Chappels were you there at the same time as Reg Wright and Frank Crossley? John.

The Yorkshireman:
One for Grumpy Old Man, when you were at Fred Chappels were you there at the same time as Reg Wright and Frank Crossley? John.

I THINK I recall Frank Crossley, I was at Freds from '60 to '64, mainly on the tipper side, then in '64 I transferred to Hargreaves at Liversedge.
Fred Chappell was a good man, he gave me (and other young fellas) our start on the road.

A few from the Northwest, Sandbach and Widnes