tanker companies

Is that the one billy rolled on its way for test,I think he rolled it at heywood john he told me the tail it was only half full & got a swill on and rolled it

Hi JUSTIN (sad stiller) where have you been lately tried to contact you a few times.Yes it is the one Billy turned over couldnt remember where it was but now you mention it, it was at Heywood.The Daf was Mick Telfers if I remember correctly.

hi sad stiller
is the billy that rolled the tank over going for test the same person that was in charge of the garage at stillers yard on the x green ind estate in leeds?
regards
sm1

Yes thats him Billy Hunt.Still working in the Leeds area he travels over every day.How do you know him snowman ?.

hi stanfield
ref billy hunt
the company I worked for rented a warehouse in stillers bomb site sorry yard until it was closed down and the tankers
moved to morley I think, and we moved to Castleford,billy and the rest of the fitters were a great bunch of guys they always helped us out if we problems with our ERFs.my portacabin office was at the side of your garage and the power was run out of your garage.i always remember billy had a great sense of humour.
regards
sm1

Hi snowman,

Yeah billy was at Leeds I worked there aswel as a fitter we traveled over from oldham ever morning,last I heard he was at place at Morley can’t remember the name we were all ment to go but me & other two fitters took redundancy,worse thing saders did sell out to stillers,the lads at oldham were a great bunch few real characters all gone now. :frowning:

Hi snowman

Did you work for tony on the body shop contract??

Name just came to me Williams tankers that’s were billy went

sad stiller:
Hi snowman

Did you work for tony on the body shop contract??

Name just came to me Williams tankers that’s were billy went

I am tony
regards
tony sm1

Haha small world tony,are you still working??

sad stiller:
Haha small world tony,are you still working??

hi sad stiller
no work for me retired from the rat race in 2006,what are you up to?
wrote a longer post but when I try to post it all I get is error 403/404 but is ok with short posts.
hope you are keeping well
regards
tony aka sm1

Still in the rat race driving 18 tonner from Middlesbrough to stoke 4 nights a week delivering to nisa warehouse & are other depot at bury

Regards Justin

Does any one remember a company i think called Micro Milling from Merseyside ? They had ERFS and Scanias , and seemed to do a lot of stuff down to S wales . thank you Trevor .

Air Products AEC MK5 returning from Belgium, 1965.

AEC Mammoth Minor.

Suttons purchase Imperial Tankers from Hargreaves

See link

motortransport.co.uk/blog/2014/0 … l-tankers/

This is the latest addition to Stephen Tabners fleet.Which is now predominantly Volvo
Volvo PN09CJU.jpg

Very smart Swiss Saurer’ operated by CET Geneva.

Bonneted FBW operated in Switzerland.

IMG_NEW.jpg

Smart in the old Wincanton colours1

IMG_NEW.jpg

Rider200:

Stanfield:
Rider200 Larry Gilsenan would have been about 19/20 in 1969 so he was just learning the game around that time and he’s english.

Sorry the name’s not ringing any bells .
I think the Guy with the red MG was called Martin Nice Car
I think the MD was Ken Faron ( Mr Faron ) to me :wink: he drove a big Austin V P with RR engine. :sunglasses:

And here is a picture of that car!!