Tamper proof fuel tanks

Any Dragon`s Den ideas out there to beat fuel thieves, for the amount of money in the tank, the design is primitive and not caught up with modern times.
If you could design a tamper proof tank what would you put on it to protect the contents.
A movement sensor linked to the cab or the truck owners.
A spike proof shell,if the cap is locked they will just put a pick axe in the bottom and drain it.
An eletric shock if you touch the tank, like a farmers fencer, enough to put you off messing with it.
Audible alarm of some sort,a beam sensor that goes off if you break the beam.

if they want your fuel they will have it …Tractor units ,locking fuel cap ,1/4 turn and the and the pick up unit is out

Have one like an F1 car , the tank would be rubber so you could put it right out of the way under the bottom somewhere so they can’t get to it easily then wrap it in Kevlar so nothing can pierce it I.e stones/metal flicking up off the road

like al good ideas ,the cost ■■?will customers pay for it?? may be a question for owner operators

toby1234abc:
A movement sensor linked to the cab or the truck owners.

there is already a system in the market place that will send a call to a given mobile phone, and all you need to do is call the number back, and there is a speaker on the truck that you can hurl abuse at the thieves with

toby1234abc:
An eletric shock if you touch the tank, like a farmers fencer, enough to put you off messing with it.

that is illegal, and can lead to prosecution of the owner

toby1234abc:
Audible alarm of some sort,a beam sensor that goes off if you break the beam.

see my first reply regarding the audible alarm

Don’t park in places where there are a disproportionately high number of thieves. For example, if you are taking a load from South Wales to Surrey and you have the choice of which end of the journey to park, then park in Surrey.

Don’t park in dark places, park under CCTV cameras where possible, usual stuff really.

Was there not a bloke years ago got jailed for electrifying his Sierra cosworth, a car park employee got shocked when having a look at it. Sure this was aprox 93/94 when theft/insurance was killing off hot hatches and high performance cars.

Without making really expensive and heavey tamper proof tanks I think the only other option would be some sort of motion sensed security lights at the rear of the cab, most thrives probably stoke at night with the cover of darkness and wouldn’t like to be exposed for the world to see if rear facing spotlights came on because of their presence. Maybe come on for 3mins at a time and if activated more than 3times in 10mins sound an in cab alarm (that could be enabled/disabled at the drivers discretion).

You can make the tanks as secure as you want but there’s still always going to be a pipe or two coming out that can be tapped into!

There is already a system mounted to some tanks that set off a extremely loud alarm, while setting the beacons flashing.

owen92:
There is already a system mounted to some tanks that set off a extremely loud alarm, while setting the beacons flashing.

http://www.trucksecure.co.uk/products/tank-guard/

I have this one fitted, cost far less than a tank of fuel.
The object being to encourage the [zb] to move on to an unprotected tank.

trucksecure.co.uk/products/tank-guard/

I have one of theses on my tank to.
It wont stop anyone taking it but they think twice and go elsewhere. The best part is I can fall asleep and wake up knowing I have not been tampered with.
Great bit of kit

Guns, start shooting the thieving gits and they might get the message, few dead bodies left in lay byes some might decide the safer option is to buy derv.

Or a huge Rottweiler or German Shepherd with a bad attitude to fuel nickers.The look on their little faces when you open the cab door and let Razor Tooth and Satan out for their evening dinner.
A Poodle will not have the same affect.Or the two dogs left in the trailer on an over night stop.
They cut the curtain and get their hands bitten off.
In the Middle East thieves get their hands chopped off.